AFV reliability numbers (CMAK and CMBB grogs rejoice)

Lest we think only the Russians were disorganised/disrupted by failing tanks this question at the Dupuy Institute:

Is there any kind of "official" report on the Panther that addresses the fact no spare parts - or spare part production for that matter - had been provided? If there is, who is named as responsible? Also, is there any kind of speculation as to what the impact of having gaskets etc. on hand might have had on Panther serviceability?
So for the battle at Kursk the Panthers had no spare parts and some were captured in the Russian advance in the following month as they still had not been repaired. More "bogging" effects.

Originally posted by dieseltaylor:

So for the battle at Kursk the Panthers had no spare parts and some were captured in the Russian advance in the following month as they still had not been repaired. More "bogging" effects.

More generally I remember reading that panthers built in different factories were often not compatible. Present time collectors now often have to retool parts when they try to repair a wreck with canibalized parts.

"Sherman M4A4: 518-642 miles"

I'm very surprised the M4A4 engine life was so low, especially since that seems to be the Brit's preferred firefly chassis. Well. it is a multibank engine (5 truck engines tied together?) which I guess might imply one or another of those 5 engines would always require some sort of work.

I was surprised to read in a book on U.S. halftracks how German halftrack engines were so much less powerful than the U.S. engine. Score one for the U.S.! Of course the U.S. halftack engine got heroically poor gas mileage - maybe 2 miles per gallon? Maybe less?