Live in Washington, DC? Ever visit Washington? Seeking playtester for Wash. map

The capital of the United States of America under attack by German forces! :eek:

OK... suspend your disbelief. ;) I live in Washington and decided to make a map based on part of my commute. The map is 2K by 2K and to scale. The area covered is Kalorama Heights/Woodley Park/North Dupont/part of Adams Morgan. Spans from The National Zoo down to just above Dupont Circle (North - South)... Just below the Naval Observatory over to Adams Morgan (East - West). The main feature is Rock Creek Park and the three major bridges that cross it (Taft - aka "Lion Bridge" (Conn. Ave.), Duke Ellington (Calvert), and the Mass. Ave. bridge).

I'm seeking a playtester for this scenario. Germans attack from the North and must force their way across these long bridges. Best played as two player.

Might be fun to play a fellow Washingtonian... but anyone willing to play is welcome.

The map is somewhat large so you will need a decent graphics card. Force total is about 10,000 points all inclusive (I used nice, big expensive units so it is actually not too big). 25 to 30 turns.

Reply here if you are interested. I have not posted this to TPG yet.

Thanks,

Bannon DC -- that's Washington, DC :D

Gimme.

I live in Arlington, work downtown. My job wraps me up in DC architectural history, neighborhood planning and tourism, so I make my living knowing the history and geography of DC.

We'll have to see how I do with the 10,000 points though.

bmeyer1.....at......comcast.net. Put Combat Mission in the subject line so it doesn't get filtered.

Looking Down

This is a satelite photo of the area (the CM map include more to the north. Also, a little less Adams Morgan there on the right. The south cut off is about right with my map). There is a "topo" option at this link too.

Good to hear from some locals. I need to tweak the American force pool a little, but I hope to be ready tonight or Friday night.

I'll update this post when ready and send file by email.

thanks for the interest.

Bannon

• 2 weeks later...

Pzman --

How did the battle go? Drop me an AAR at TPG or by email if you could (spoilers OK at TPG). I'm interested to know which bridge(s) you crossed and how far you got. Also curious if the American AI used any of its tanks against you, etc.

I'm making changes to the map and the units bit by bit as I get feedback and based on a PBEM game I'm involved in. (I'm having fun straffing my opponent's column of Tigers and Elephants near the zoo with my .50 cal. Jeep -- it's only fun until somebody gets blown up.)

Same for the rest of you too! smile.gif:D

Thanks,

Bannon