I need an officer shot

I need some tips on how to best advance as early war British. Their lack of HE rounds is really frustrating. Do I just wait forever as I call in the artillery/motars? They even suck at taking out infantry in cover. I understand the British thought that tank guns were for taking out other tanks, not people but after the first engagement is it not obvious you need HE rounds? I would like to know who the genius was behind not delivering HE rounds to the British and give him him a parting prize.

Originally posted by SpitfireXI:

I need some tips on how to best advance as early war British. Their lack of HE rounds is really frustrating. Do I just wait forever as I call in the artillery/motars? They even suck at taking out infantry in cover. I understand the British thought that tank guns were for taking out other tanks, not people but after the first engagement is it not obvious you need HE rounds? I would like to know who the genius was behind not delivering HE rounds to the British and give him him a parting prize.

well when i play early war british, get my guys to hide. Take out the enemy armour with my crusiers, take roughly same ammoutn of losses as them so its ness to have more tanks (unless you got matildas :D )

Once thats sorta, those AP rounds and tank mounted MG's do really do you a favor and mow down the italians.

your inf is then free to march to the flags and then dispatch any italians who got away from the tanks ;)

Thanks for the help. I have no problem advancing against the Italians, but then again who does? But what about advancing against the Germans? The British tanks cannot take on the AT guns at range and the in the desert the infantry can't get close enough. I find the tanks just sit and wait for the artillery to show up, which by that point what's the use of a tank anyways?

If your problem is maifesting in a scenario, that's the tactical challenge the allies and you've got to solve with the equipment on hand for the period or alternatively use the invincibility codes or if a QB buy some dinky mortars ;)

Originally posted by SpitfireXI:

Thanks for the help. I have no problem advancing against the Italians, but then again who does? But what about advancing against the Germans? The British tanks cannot take on the AT guns at range and the in the desert the infantry can't get close enough. I find the tanks just sit and wait for the artillery to show up, which by that point what's the use of a tank anyways?

Originally posted by the_enigma:

there is only 1 option other then retreat, its to sound the bugle call and CHARGE!!!!!

unless you got grants then the germans run for there lifes

Until you realize that we have HMG34s and 7.5IG waiting for you. ;)

Funny thing yesterday I was playing CMAK. Maybe its just the French having bad luck but my PzIIIAusf.G killed two Frenchmen dead on with AP shells... :D I think the distance was about 80m.

Tschüß!

Erich