maps needed?...

theike

Hello everybody (just saw my old friend Europa...a special hello to him;)

im playing around some in the map editor for cmak.

I have to say i just love the terrain differences; the three ground types. the possibility to make landscapes from Africa to France and germany etc.

Knowing me i will probably be making up to 30 maps in the next few months...

(and will throw those away by posting them on the cmmods database)

I dont see many maps on the scenario depot for cmak...are there still people that need maps to play a friend on?...i mean not being a scenario?

(well probably...)

Ohyes, and also: any sites found on where to find detailed topografical maps of Italie, Africa and France...

Or let me ask that differently: any sites of topografical maps to be found...the more details the more welcome.

...and hello, cmak-players.

Hi theike. Glad to see you back.

I support your q. I have 17 unposted maps lying around on my comp.

Are looking forward to see you tackle the CMAK terrain elements. I hate the loss of the factory in favour of the sandbags and the removal of the steppe terrain type, but you can't have it all can you.

Cheers!

Greets, Europa

you still making scenarios? Europa?

I had not noticed there was no factory anymore...lol

Yes thats could be missed at times. (a harbour without depots, or barracks without barracks;)

hmm...yes that is a pitty. North Africa didnt have alot of factorys back then, but Italy surely did. gonna have to get around that, somehow...

Why dont u post some of your maps on the proving grounds?...who knowes they might be used...

Originally posted by theike:

Greets, Europa

you still making scenarios? Europa?

I had not noticed there was no factory anymore...lol

Yes thats could be missed at times. (a harbour without depots, or barracks without barracks;)

hmm...yes that is a pitty. North Africa didnt have alot of factorys back then, but Italy surely did. gonna have to get around that, somehow...

Why dont u post some of your maps on the proving grounds?...who knowes they might be used...

Over here theike, over here!

I try to aviod making scenarios these days since I only screw up nice maps by placing units on them. Any unused maps you have you can send me and I'll make nice cutouts, trying to identify normal objectives, and setupzones on them for ya :D

Tell me when you have a good solution for the barrack tiles. I try to use heavy buildings at the moment.

I normally produce a few maps a week, but currently I am having break. As soon as I get a decent number of them I'll post a zip somewhere with them cathegorized after battle type and such.

Send me your first ones when finished with them so i can take a look, ok?

Cheers!

Pasific islands (hmm...)

Italy 1500 points (...)

(:just making notes smile.gif )

Give me some time.

Europa; and i would love to do the same to your maps...;)

oh ps: yes Junky...i just last night made 2 sand based small attack maps. I really love those little sand maps. I will make some more

[ September 01, 2004, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

Well, could you do please do a map for me?

I've got a secenario idea, but I'm not that good at map design. Basically, it's a US assault on a secret Nazi base in South America.

A little more detail- the Nazi base is found off a branch of the Amazon river. It's surrounded by forest/jungle. The base consists of several parts- living quarters, a seaport (for U-boats), a small (but advanced) airfield, and possibly an HQ.

God bless,

"Publius Cornelius Patton"

Cornelius;

Ive done a map for it.

I picked a place in my atlas called Porto do Moz,

(between Santarém and Belém, at the river Xingu)

(the hidden base is on opposite bank of that town)

I will send u the pic of it that i scanned from the atlas along with the email i will send u when u told me your email;)

U dont have an email in your profile...

After youve seen the map im willing to make changes on it to better suit your wishes.

[ September 02, 2004, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: theike ]

Originally posted by theike:

Oh yes, and also : any sites found on where to find detailed topografical maps of Italie, Africa and France...

Dear Theike,

If you're interested about making some "Normandy" maps for CMAK, I may help you if you want. I have some 1:25000 topographical maps of almost all the beaches and more inland, plus some more sectors (Hill 112, Saint-Mère-Église...).

Unfortunatelly, these maps are modern, but still very helpfull for map-making. smile.gif

Aha, Bogdan...its funny u mention that...i just scanned in the Normandy region from my Michelin map, scale 1:200.000

But your maps should be much better on 1:25.000.

(Ive seen a great Normandy beach to inland map from Uzi on The Proving Grounds)

It would be good of u to send me what u have (theoslaats@home.nl)...i dont know when or witch maps i will make of the Normandy region, but i probably will sooner or later.

I myself have alot of topografical books, and maps...especialy from Europe ofcourse. I dont know what the American people can buy over there, so if any of u need something just ask and i look what i have.

I also scanned a city map of Taranto, anyone interested? (citys i have alot of)

Maps of Italy on a scale close to 25:000 would be most welcome.

[ September 02, 2004, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

I just posted 5 maps on the scenario depot...

3 are sandground maps mainly small engagements on a wee town/village. 1 is a AridRock map, with large vineyard fields, small hills and also a small village (that one started out as a France based map, but i changed the cornfields into pineyards and a lil less trees...so it could be easily changed back into a France type of map)...niway, looks good like this, bit strange maybe for North Africa, dont know.

And 1 France dirtground map, densely cultivated farmland.

(thought about posting the Amazon hidden base one aswell but decided not to, jet)

For the Pasific island request i scanned the Solomon islands and many other island groups in that great big ocean...so, Junky?...what if i send u that scan, and let u pick out some places of interest?....

ps: I DO want those Normandy maps of yours, Bogdan...;)

The scan i send u Junky is smaller then the one im keeping, else i wouldnt be able to send it.

Its just a 200% scan from my worldatlas.

So i could make the same scans from kinda every spot on earth. It amazed me how much more there is to see just by enlarging it. There is no map of the Marshall or Caroline islands in it though.

What other places took part in the pacific war?

Phillipenes? Indonesia?...oh, and south east asia itself ofcourse.

Did u already make some maps for the pacific theatre yourself? If u did i could before i start take a look at them for a kind of a guide on how to go about at it....

[ September 04, 2004, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

So, I have finished a masterpiece! Henderson Field . The only thing I do not exactly know is where the watchtower/radiotower and most of the entrenchments, bunkers and gun pits were.

Size about 1.5x1.5 km.

Imagine me using calculator and lineal, trying to gather information from aerial photographies, copying most of the bomb craters to where they historically were and then to try to get a guess which elevations and vegation are where. Only with black-white photos. :mad: Yes, I am crazy. smile.gif