Looking for Pat's DAK 251-9 stummel mod

If anyone has a copy of any of pat's Afika Korps (DAK) German half tracks, please can I have copy or can you upload to CMMODS? I have all the others so far as I go down my German Africa mod list. If you have Pat's German HT's check them against the list in CMMODS. So far the SPW 251-9 Stummel is the one missing. But I still have a few more to do.

Thanks to any who can help

I think this is one you're looking for. It has the DAK palm trees but more of an Itay/yellow color scheme. The .bmps seem to be 3900-3910, 3912. Not sure if there are other .bmps shared or otherwise connected to this mod. I could send you the files if you'd like. Maybe email patboy?

ak251%252f9stum1.jpg

ak251%252f9stum2.jpg

I came looking for a stummel and got a helmet, and I am not complaining... those are wonderful helmets.

Thank you for referring. I was looking at the in game helmets the other night wondering if there were some out there that did the trick. These are amazing. Already downloading.

Originally posted by _UXcva:

I've also emailed patboy to draw his attention to this thread. If he doen't respond soon I'll post the DAK 251/9 at CMMODs on his behalf.

Sorry for the belated reply, every day I receive hundred messages and I cannot open all of them!

To answer cabe's question I'm not sure to have the mod you need yet!(I changed my PC) It would be great if you can post it at cmmods.com with my full permission.

I worked some month ago on an early 251/9 not finished yet.

gcs0001da9.jpg

Pat

nice one Pat

I started on a weathered DAK one last night.

It will be my first mod ever. So wish me luck.

As for the one you have UXcva, I don't see that one on CMMODS at all so it probably needs to be uploaded. It is a nice mod. I did a "search by BMP" and there are no Africa stummels in the directory for CMAK.

I just renumbered and re-marked a stug IIlF (late) by Guatrek for use in the African theater as well. I am going to upload it tonight since I have his permission.

Oh and Pat, how did you get your Panzerjager 1b mod to look so amazing? It is almost like a photo.

Thant thing is stunning. Now if I could only figure out where to put a recognition flag on it, seems a shame to cover anything up.

Ok, I've reposted Patboy's DAK 251/9 Stummel at CMMODs. {It originally was at cmmods but was lost in the great crash of '05 or was it '06 (?)}. Perhaps someone could recolor/recamo it so it matches the other Desert HTs.

I'm looking forward to your StuG IIIF late Cabe and that is an attractive looking 251/9 Pat.

[ March 14, 2007, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: _UXcva ]

I am working on a stummel. I am learning by trial and error, but it is a weathered stummel for DAK.

It will be my first mod, so let's hope it looks better than an Atari 2600 tank

The stug is uploaded and I have also uploaded some mod patches for DAK units to put recog. flags on them.

No sense in re-inventing the horse when you could just put a new saddle on it. Especially with all the great DAK mod out there as it is.

This request is slightly OT. But since I see that Patboy replied to this topic and is still modding, I thought I would ask if there was any chance of you adding to your CMBB 251early43 series ?

The 9/16 version's would be nice to have in the same camo or even the 250's to match too.

The muddy effect look's greaton these vehicles.

I realise your probably very busy so thank's for the mod's you have put out and I'll just live in hope for the future.

Originally posted by Cabe:

any suggestions on how to get rid of my pinks spots under the front chassis? I tried painting them out. Maybe I need to paint further out?

I very much like your version Cabe, it matches the other NA HTs. This is probably unrelated to your pinky problem but on a Mac the pink transparency has to match the default pink (R:255 G:0 B:255) otherwise you get some bleed through problems. I'm a hack modder at best but I'm sure an expert will be along shortly with suggestions..

Originally posted by Cabe:

any suggestions on how to get rid of my pinks spots under the front chassis? I tried painting them out. Maybe I need to paint further out?

Its all in my tutorial.

If you copy the base image and use this as the top layer.

Then select the pink parts.Invert the selection and then cut it should give you a pink "mask " on the top layer.Then it doesn't matter if you mess up the lower layers.

The first thing to do is to go to

Layers >duplicate. Then rename this layer to pink Always make sure that this layer is the top layer as this way anything you do to the layers below it will not alter the pink layer so hopefully you should have no problems with the dreaded pinks spots in game.

Then select the magic wand tool .Then select a pink area ,then go to Selections>modify>select similar.This will highlight all the pink areas on the new layer you have just created.

Now go to Selections>Invert.This will now highlight the the other areas of the image we don't want.

Then cut the selection.This should give you a layer which contains only the pink parts from the base image .See below

pink.jpg

FYI I have uploaded all of the Gurra Italian HT's I had on my drive to cmmods.

The 251-1 & 17 (share the same bmps)

251-2

251-10

so there are a few more Italy HT's out there now.

I also uploaded some Gurra Panthers that match the Half track's in camo style for a more unified force appearance.

I think they were

Both Panther A's and the Panther G

all the mods have the mottled green dark camo, with netting and gerrycans ect.

My DAK stummel is done.

Uploading it now.

Sheesh it took time to do it.

Need to find some shortcuts or tone down the detail.

see my new thread about the Stummel SPW 251-9 for pic, should be on CMMODS soon. Thanks to everyone for the pointers and tutorials. Now that I am done, I can actually read the damn tutorial.... I just winged this one.