Generating large QB maps is easy

Salute all.

IIRC, there was some discussion about the small size of QB maps, especially given the flat, open terrain of North Afrika.

To get around that problem here is what I do and it doesn't take very long at all.

I use the Scenario Editor>Map editor to make a map as big as I want (6000m X 6000m seems to be the limit), then press Generate Random Map. I preview it just for kicks, then save it in the QB folder, filename that references the size and location, ie. 1600m North Africa. You can make some truly huge maps this way.

Then I simply load that map when generating a QB.

Only takes a minute or two, and has the added bonus of allowing me to tweak the terrain for my QB if I want to.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Regards.

Von_Fauster

[ December 13, 2003, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Von Fauster ]

Also, if you ever come across a scenario that you wish was longer or you think it should have been made longer. Then just load it up in the scenario editor and adjust the turn length. Although keep in mind that some scenarios are meant to be short in length due to balancing issues.