Sighting "bug" ?

GJK

Questions: Did you manually target the gun? And did you do it in the same orders phase that you took the screenshot? If so, I predict that what you would see in the following action phase is the targetting line fade out after a few seconds. If the AC moves to bring the gun into view, the AC might remember to look for the gun, though, if it didn't spot something else first.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Questions: Did you manually target the gun? And did you do it in the same orders phase that you took the screenshot? If so, I predict that what you would see in the following action phase is the targetting line fade out after a few seconds. If the AC moves to bring the gun into view, the AC might remember to look for the gun, though, if it didn't spot something else first.

Michael

I have no idea about CMAK, but Emrys is right. I've had target lines in CMBB persist, and sat there going 'damn, how can that be?', only to find out first thing in the new turn that 'it wasn't right', and not at all real.

Damnation. I said Emrys might be right. And me his newly selected and barely prosecutorial Mortal Enemy.

I don't know. I just don't care anymore. Ever since I declared that I was his Mortal Enemy, I just can't get worked up about anything. I feel empty, and enervated.

I think I'm going to go lie down for a bit. So cold...

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

GJK, that is probably just an indicator that the US gun was still tracking you in case you popped back over. Generally guns will do so for a short while unless they find a better target in the mean time.

Dan

Thanks Dan, must be it. I didn't target the gun, but he did have me in his sights from a previous turn where I "shoot & scoot"ed.

[note]I am in no way connected to BF.C, so take what I say with a grain of salt[/note]

I think the answer is thus:

WAY back in day of CMBO, when a gun was targeting a tank, and said tank was moving and say, moved mometarily behind a building along its move path... your gun instantly stop tracking the tank.

When the tank was momentarily out of sight, the gun would stop targeting the tank and rotate back towards its original facing. When a second or 2 later the tank came from behind the obscuring obstacle in its move path, your gun would have to re-aquire the tank.

People, i.e. you lot, rightfuly wailed bloody murder. "Why doesnt my gun track the tank, it was only hidden for a second!!!? :mad: :mad: :mad: blah blah blah".

So what you see is the fix for that "bug". The gun is tracking the probable location of the tank, even when out of sight, so it can pop one off when it reappears.

[ November 20, 2003, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: 86smopuim ]

Originally posted by GJK:

Thanks Dan, must be it. I didn't target the gun, but he did have me in his sights from a previous turn where I "shoot & scoot"ed.

When you have a shoot&scoot order, you can even manually target something that's out of LOS, to get the turret lined up in advance of your cresting the obstacle. At least that's how it seems to me.