Map request.

Europa

I there any hexmaps of appropriate size to study when making CM maps? I make alot of maps and have always focused on making them reasonably good looking, at the expence of playability. Would like to study some good maps, as ASL ones, not for converting but for inspiration. I've looked at the ASL maps and realised that I make many mistakes, are there more out there?

You mention ASL, does that include HASL? If you can find them, Kamfgruppe Peiper I and II are very well done hex maps of the Stoumont-La gleize region of Belgium. Also Red Barricades for that part of Stalingrad, and I believe Pegasus bridge and the Arnhem Bridge was done as well. most of these are all still available from Multiman Publishing

Interesting that you post this! I just received via the UPS elf, my early Christmas presents that are onsale at MMP:

Action Pack #2, ASL Journal #3, Out of the Attic #1, Pegasus Bridge, Kampfgruppe Peiper II

and was thinking of how nice the Pegasus Bridge map looks. I'll post a screenshot of it via the aid of VASL, HERE ***warning, large image***

Please consider posting a conversion to The Proving Grounds should you decide to do it!

GJK,

Look for the Lt. Simonitch leader in KGP II. my brother did the artwork for that one and Avalon Hill let him get his (our) last name on the unit!

It's not a mis-spelling, simovitch is my screen name (yea, I know... real clever) :rolleyes:

A dream come true from our school days playing the original SL in the back in the '70s.

Originally posted by simovitch:

GJK,

Look for the Lt. Simonitch leader in KGP II. my brother did the artwork for that one and Avalon Hill let him get his (our) last name on the unit!

It's not a mis-spelling, simovitch is my screen name (yea, I know... real clever) :rolleyes:

A dream come true from our school days playing the original SL in the back in the '70s.

Oh that's cool!

I play VASL and CM with Charlie Kibler, who did a lot of the artwork of AH and the ASL series (he wrote SASL). His counter is the German Sgt Kubler.

DDogg from my site (TPG) bought $350.00 worth of ASL stuff off eBay and since the guy lived nearby, he drove to pick it up. Turns out that he was an old AH employee who had no idea that you could play it all online now - his stuff had been in storage for years. I can't recall his name at the moment.

That's neat stuff. Yes, as at 14 when I was playing all these games I thought it would be the dream job to work for AH playtesting all day long.

:D

Originally posted by GJK:

Interesting that you post this! I just received via the UPS elf, my early Christmas presents that are onsale at MMP:

Action Pack #2, ASL Journal #3, Out of the Attic #1, Pegasus Bridge, Kampfgruppe Peiper II

and was thinking of how nice the Pegasus Bridge map looks. I'll post a screenshot of it via the aid of VASL, HERE ***warning, large image***

Please consider posting a conversion to The Proving Grounds should you decide to do it!

Gary, did you hit the sale announced on the ASLML? Those bastards, I ordered the same stuff...with money I don't have!

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GJK:

Gary, did you hit the sale announced on the ASLML? Those bastards, I ordered the same stuff...with money I don't have! </font>