Gridded terrain for CMAK?

Are there gridded terrain mods currently available for CMAK? I realize it'll probably be a while for the desert sand to be 'griddified', but can can CMBB gridded grass be used for Italy? Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.

[ December 05, 2003, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Noiseman ]

hexed and gridded terrain that work for the demo are posted at CMMods.

They should work with the full version - unless extra terrain bmps have been added - the demo tiles may have been lower res or just different than in the final release as well, but the file numbers likely match up.

I suggest backing up your BMPs and giving one of the demo mods a try. Barring that, do it yourself and upload it. It's suprisingly easy if you have ANY experience with photoshop-type programs.

I won't pick CMAK up until Christmas or shortly thereafter, so I can't really help much.

[ December 05, 2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: MDA ]

hexed and gridded terrain that work for the demo are posted at CMMods.

They should work with the full version -

With all due respect too the modder- thanks for the effort!- these spur-of the-moment grids aren't the Bomb. For one thing, the borders are black, the elevation transitions are too stark and the total effect deosn't enhance the beauty of the CMAK maps. I believe the grid color should be similiar in hue to the terrain tile.

Originally posted by PeterX:

the borders are black, the elevation transitions are too stark and the total effect deosn't enhance the beauty of the CMAK maps. I believe the grid color should be similiar in hue to the terrain tile.

I agree 100%. They weren't meant to be pretty, only functional. I didn't initially occur to me that they might be usable for more than the few weeks people would play the demo.

I should have called it Gridded-on-my-lunchbreak terrain.

On hexed terrain, I still have hexagon overlay I used for the demo terrain. Right now my PC is dead graphics wise so for the moment I cannot game.

However if anyone wants this hexagon overlay for his own use I will gladly send it to them. Just open the terrain bmps, do a copy-paste, then save.

Just email me at desertcmt@attbi.com and I will send this bmp (789K) over to you.

MikeT

Sorry for the bump, but i think like me a LOT of CM players are desperately waiting for a desert grid line mod for the full CMAK.

My eyes are red and very tired, due to staring for hours to the monitor, trying to find small ridges to hide my poor units when they are on attack ;)

HELP !!!! :D

Monty

Ok, need some help here.... :D

I see several versions of different kinds of gridded and hex terrain for CMAK.

Which download at CMODS is the closest thing to Captain Wacky's old CMBB work, which was excellent and I really got used to using in CMBB.

I have the registered final version of CMAK, so I need the BMP set for it.

Thanks for everyone's feedback...

Regards,

Badger

Well here's some news for all you grid-grogs out there!

CMAK Italy uses EXACTLY THE SAME open ground terrain bmps as CMBB Russia. They even have the same bmp numbers. What this means is you can use Wacky's grid in CMAK as follows:

bmps 1470-1489 snow

bmps 1550-1589 grass

bmps 1870-1889 deep snow.

I don't think there are any other terrain tiles other than these for Italy. If anyone knows different please post.

More good news. I have just finished doing a full grid set for North Africa. It is similar to the one I did for the demo but improved in as much as the depth of colour of the grid follows that of the base terrain. ie the grid is lighter on higher terrain just as the terrain tiles are lighter. I think you will like it.

Now for the rub. I only have a 56k modem & these are big files. So I have split into 2 parts each about 12MB and will attempt to upload tomorrow (UK time). If all goes well and my modem doesn't fall over you should have them by tea-time. smile.gif