Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

** New Mod Released - Authentic Minefield Sign Pack (+ bonus WIP preview)**

AndrewTF

Inspired by Phillipe's mine marker thread, I decided to revisit my CMBB minefield markers that were lost in the Great Mod Crash of '03. This time I added three additional sets, all based on historical WWII German examples!

The mod pack includes two versions of the red/white striped German minefield signs, one with an authentic sans-serif typeface, and one with Fraktur script(as depicted in the US Army "Handbook on German Forces"); as well as white "Achtung! Minen" signs. Lastly, an AP-mine-only square sign with a skull and letter "M" is also included. These may be used in CMAK, CMBB, and CMBO without alteration. They are higher resolution than the standard mine signs. Get them while they're hot at the CM Mod Database.

mines.jpg

Up next is this bad boy:

sig2.jpg

I've been noodling around with this since CMBB, and it's about time we had something to replace the old lo-res CMBO textures for the sIG 33. The CMBB versions are close to finished, and I can wrap up the CMAK set as soon as I find which BMPs control the textures for the breech and top of the breech block, which of course are numbered differently than in CMBB. :mad:

A side view to show the wooden "artillery wheels" and reworked carriage:

sig1.jpg

The desert version in proper Afrika Korps brown:

sig3.jpg

There will be an alternate BMP with no tools on the shield, and maybe a tricolor camo version. Depends on how much more time I want to spend on it. smile.gif

[ September 22, 2004, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Here's some useful added references for you (though it looks from your mod like you may already have found this site):

150mm gun picts

Are you thinking of attempting that slightly wavy gun shield outline (he said mischeviously)? ;)

Yeah, I found that site already... ;) Thanks, though! I've been debating as to whether I try the wavy gun shield, though. The proportions are funky enough as it is. I might give it a try and see what happens. smile.gif