Simple Spotting Question - Tutorial

I just got CMAK for Christmas (oh, Happy New Year everyone), but I have an easy question for a veteran Combat Mission player (CMBO and CMBB).

I was going through the tutorial (as described in the “manual.” It says to but the HQ over the crest of the hill, have the mortar team within command range, and then spot for the mortar team.

Just like in CMBB.

However, I’m in command range, and I can’t get the mortar team to fire at simple targets out of their LOS (but w/I their spotter).

Now, the HQ has a clear LOS to everything, the mortar team is w/I command range, and the targets are within range of the mortar.

What the heck is going on?!?!?!

Thanks,

Doc

Hello Dr Brian...

Just a note on the subject for you ...

the spotter for the morter will have to be able to see the target himself and not be hide mode.. to stop the spotter from shooting at the enemy give him a cover arc of about 5m that way he can still spot but not give his postion away..

Happy Stonking.... ;)

Originally posted by KarlXII:

Also, area fire is the only you will get. You can't target enemy units directly in this indirect fassion of spotting.

But I've found that if both your HQ and mortar are of at least regular quality or better, and the HQ has an attack bonus, you will get enough direct hits to do the job in a turn or three of firing.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by KarlXII:

Also, area fire is the only you will get. You can't target enemy units directly in this indirect fassion of spotting.

But I've found that if both your HQ and mortar are of at least regular quality or better, and the HQ has an attack bonus, you will get enough direct hits to do the job in a turn or three of firing.

Michael </font>