Highly confused--need help from BFC & M. Dorosh

BFC,

Patch PBEM glitch notwithstanding, please explain why the Panzerfaust (of the blaring tube length Achtung Feuerstrahl warning) can be fired from a building without suppressing (or worse) the firing unit. Surely a 2 meter long jet of flame would have some impact on indoor firing utility?! ISTR there were substantial separation distances involved even when firing from foxholes.

Michael Dorosh,

I have now read the v 1.01 and v 1.02 Read Me details four times each, and nowhere do I see the Flammpanzer III mentioned. I do see the Panzer III F mentioned (has 37mm gun, is rare and only available for the first few months in North Africa), but that is not the same tank, for the Flammpanzer III mounts no higher velocity weapon than MGs and has as its primary turret armament a gun-resembling flame projector. If I'm missing the notice, please tell me where, preferably by referencing the item immediately before it.

Regards,

John Kettler

Firing LATW from within buildings largely depends on the state of the building. If its a well constructed building with intact doors and windows, the effect would be harsh on the firers and any other occupants in the room. But in a building with blasted out windows/doors/demolished-walls, etc, it is greatly lessened.

For first floor firers, it would also model the fact that they could duck outside quickly and fire. It does not have to model actually hanging out a window in other words.

We actually discussed this a great deal internally. We were able to locate enough video footage of life fires of Panzerfausts to determine that it did not pose too much of a hazard to the firer. One video I recall was taken during the last days of the siege of Berlin and clearly shows a solier firing several from slightly inside a doorway at some advancing Russian tanks. Another video shows a soldier lying prone in a foxhole and firing one and there is no noticable backblast, just a loud POP noise and smoke trail from the projectile itself.

As I recall, Panzerschreks are a different matter.

Madmatt

Thank you one and all for the replies. Madmatt, I'm more than a little surprised by what BFC's research turned up, but am hard pressed to argue against the

evidence.

Now if Michael Dorosh would but respond on the purported availability in CMAK of the Flammpanzer III, my question will perhaps be answered in full.

Regards,

John Kettler