Grass/dirt question

Juju

Sand and Arid rocks appear in African settings, that much is obvious, but can anyone explain to me what settings determine what grass/dirt texture is displayed (i.e. the green or the brown dirt)?

So far I've noticed that the green textures seem to appear in Italy from september '44 and onwards, but also at some earlier dates. Is it based on region (like south or north Italy) or is it determined by season?

hello one and all

from what i can gather the grass so to speak is a darker shade early italy and moves to green later on ... poss to do with the area southen italy is quite a dry place veg gets more lavish as you travel north.. hence the later battles will be in green fields ...... just like the troops smile.gifsmile.gif

happy hunting

AFAIK Rabidbvr is right. Grass textures change first for each region and later in Italy on certain dates. Grass in E- and N-Africa as well as in Crete is basically yellowish-brown as well as in Italy to the end of '43 (Sicily, southern Italy - it's freaking hot down there :D )

From Jan '44 onwards the grass is basically green. There seems to be no change due to warm or cold weather (unless there's snow, of course ;) )

Wheat tiles change from green in spring to yellow in summer to brownish in fall and winter. Brushes seem to be darker in fall and winter.

Sand and rocks seem look the same everywhere.

[ February 28, 2004, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: birdstrike ]

Originally posted by markl:

I want to know what seting I need to get that little boat under your bridge.

I hope you are going to post it soon, or did I miss it?

Thanks for the answers, guys.

Um, markl, what, no smiley? I can only hope you're kidding. :D The boats come with the game, but I'm afraid you gotta bring your own rod and bait.