Ailing without CMAK, MasterGoodale and Cheery Threats

_Axe_

Originally posted by Keke:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :mad: On the other hand, was it just pure luck that you offered? :D My new tactic: bore my opponents into submission!

Submission you say? "Bore my opponents into tactical victory" would be more appropriate. tongue.gif </font>

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Becket:

Anyone fancy playing the CMAK version of "Chance Encounter" from ker dessel? I'd like to play the US side, as it brings back fond memories of trying out the CMBO demo (in the weeks before the CMBB demo was available).

MWUAHHAAHHAAAAA!!!! Send your feckin' turn!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

No ceasefires this time around! :mad:

Meanwhile, all maggots unite!

i_serve_the_country_484x698.jpg

Originally posted by Keke:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

Anyone fancy playing the CMAK version of "Chance Encounter" from ker dessel? I'd like to play the US side, as it brings back fond memories of trying out the CMBO demo (in the weeks before the CMBB demo was available).

MWUAHHAAHHAAAAA!!!! Send your feckin' turn!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

No ceasefires this time around! :mad:

Meanwhile, all maggots unite!

i_serve_the_country_484x698.jpg </font>

Originally posted by Becket:

Erickson presents Zhukov as the savior of Leningrad, Moscow and, to a lesser degree, Stalingrad, so it will be interesting to read another take on Leningrad and read about Mars.

Have you read Harrison E. Salisbury's The 900 Days? For a journalist he does an excellent job with the operational side to Leningrad operations. And, unlike many historians, he manages to keep people involved in his narrative, not just numbers (although there are plenty of those).

Salisbury died in 1993. Given the job he did writing a well-documented history in the '60s (albeit primarily from Soviet sources) I'd love to see what he could have done in post-Soviet Russia.

Six PBEM games on the go, three with maggots on this thread, and not a single turn nestling in my inbox :mad:

On a completely unrelated note, the lack of CMAK action has meant I've just finished watching the director's cut of Das Boot. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but thought the ending was a bit suspect. I know the film is based on the memoirs of war correspondent Lothar-Günther Buchheim, but I'd find the finale rather more convincing if I knew that it was fact rather than fiction. As there is a strong groggy vibe polluting this thread of cheery waffle at the moment, can one of you maggots of war put me straight?

Chin chin,

Teddy

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

Six PBEM games on the go, three with maggots on this thread, and not a single turn nestling in my inbox :mad:

On a completely unrelated note, the lack of CMAK action has meant I've just finished watching the director's cut of Das Boot. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but thought the ending was a bit suspect. I know the film is based on the memoirs of war correspondent Lothar-Günther Buchheim, but I'd find the finale rather more convincing if I knew that it was fact rather than fiction. As there is a strong groggy vibe polluting this thread of cheery waffle at the moment, can one of you maggots of war put me straight?

Chin chin,

Teddy

Have you read the novel? It was recently republished as a Cassel's Military Paperback. I bought

it and Forsaken Army by Gerlach from the same Cassel's series.

I could send them to you if you'd like.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

I could send them to you if you'd like.

Wow, Axe, that's a really kind offer, but the postage could be huge and I'm worried your postman would intercept them before they leave the country.

I should really invest in them, but stuff like that can be hard to come by if you don't use the wonders of cyberspace. I'd love to buy more on the internet, but most of my purchases have to be cash as they're "undeclared"...

Having read the review on the link you gave, it appears it's a work of fiction based on fact. I'm therefore guessing the ending of Das Boot is there for dramatic impact ... I'll forgive them as the preceeding three hours were so fantastic smile.gif

Thanks,

Teddy

Originally posted by Snarker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

:mad:

Kitty

I found Foster's Bitter in Shoprite, of all places. No, I'm not sending one, I'm drinking it. $2 for a 25 oz can in PA. That would be $8 for you in CA after all Grey's taxes...</font>

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

Wow, Axe, that's a really kind offer, but the postage could be huge and I'm worried your postman would intercept them before they leave the country.

I'll check into it. The box of Canadian trinkets I sent mike_the_wino only cost about $5 to send.

Originally posted by Mike:

You people actually drink Fosters'??

Wow......that's wierd....and kind of sad!!

Not Foster's...Foster's Bitter...and Snarker won't send me any so I've never had it. Of course, VB, Redback, Cooper's, and even Steinlager are probably better but he says it's good. :mad:

Of course who am I kidding? I'd drink Nyquil if there was no beer around. smile.gif

Kitty

Originally posted by Kitty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike:

You people actually drink Fosters'??

Wow......that's wierd....and kind of sad!!

Not Foster's...Foster's Bitter...and Snarker won't send me any so I've never had it. Of course, VB, Redback, Cooper's, and even Steinlager are probably better but he says it's good. :mad:

Of course who am I kidding? I'd drink Nyquil if there was no beer around. smile.gif

Kitty </font>

I know Axe, in his youthful exuberance, has started a new thread. I just want to keep the entire BDLRM results in the same thread. Maggots!

The seventh, and final, BDLRM challenger was 86smopuim. He assaulted with one SMG company, one recon C company, five DP LMGs, two Maxims, two PTRD AT rifles, five tank hunter teams, five 50 mm mortars, two 82 mm mortars, one FO (82 mm mortars), one FO (122 mm), and two T-34 M43 platoons. We fought to a draw. Unlike everyone else, 86smopuim sent almost all of his armor against my left flank. His infantry attacked from the right and in the center toward the factory. I discovered the terrain to the left was more easily defensible against tanks, and destroyed all of his armor. Unfortunately, his excessive TNT chucking and his armor played havoc with my infantry. 86smopuim and Teddy Windsor were the only opponents who kept me from holding any of the VLs at game's end. He caused 88 casualties, more than anyone else. However, since I caused 79 casualties and eliminated his armor, I had enough points for a 54-46 draw. :rolleyes:

And they all lived happily ever after.

The end! :D