Pimp my TNT-chucking ride, it's the Cheery Waffle Thread

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

GARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG! :mad:

My stoopid hot water heater is leaking. :mad: I have placed several calls to plumbers. Any of you maggots know how much it will cost to replace a gas hot water heater (30 gallons I think)? If it wasn't gas, I'd do it myself.

Probably a billin or two. tongue.gif

GARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG! :mad:

My stoopid hot water heater is leaking. :mad: I have placed several calls to plumbers. Any of you maggots know how much it will cost to replace a gas hot water heater (30 gallons I think)? If it wasn't gas, I'd do it myself.

GRAAARRRRRGGGG! :mad:

I just hate it when they are called "hot water heaters"!!! :mad:

They are WATER heaters! If the water is already hot, what's the purpose in the heater?? :mad: :mad:

Well, it will set me back $600, installed monday by home depot. GE 40 gallon with a 9 year guarantee. If I had it installed today or tomorrow, it would cost $1100. :eek:

I can suffer with a cold shower tomorrow for a $500 savings.

Wow, you must be rich! They are easy to replace yourself for about $200.00 to $250.00.

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

Well, it will set me back $600, installed monday by home depot. GE 40 gallon with a 9 year guarantee. If I had it installed today or tomorrow, it would cost $1100. :eek:

Wow, you must be rich! They are easy to replace yourself for about $200.00 to $250.00. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

Wow, you must be rich! They are easy to replace yourself for about $200.00 to $250.00. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

Originally posted by Snarker:

Make sure you do the following at least 1x a year - 2x is better. Follow the directions in order or you will stir the sediment in the bottom of your heater up.

Don't use the hot water for about an hour. Attach a hose to the bib (spigot) at the bottom of your water heater. Turn off the water feed to the tank. Open a hot water tap furthest from your heater. Fully open the spigot at the bottom of your heater and let about 5 gallons of water out. This will flush out any sediment and your heater will work better and be much more likely to function correctly for many, many years to come.

OH! If I wasn't afraid of getting your maggoty cooties, I'd kiss you for this information! :D

oh...I mean... :mad:

Yep, any banging noises from your water heater is caused by the sediment layer. You may need to do this a few times if it hasn't been done in ages. Getting rid of the sediment gets rid of the noise (if you have it) and the eliminates the excessive heating of the bottom of the tank resulting from the sediment. It's that overheating that reduces the tank's life.

If you have hot water baseboard heating, turning your heat on and then opening the water feed fully then slowly opening theflush outlet a bit at a time will get rid of the noise there too and lower your heating bill to boot - you eliminate the air pockets. Um, put a hose on the outlet and run it to a drain.

I was just thinking about the hose dealy. Since my water heater is in a tiny hall "closet" nook (and I've a ranch-style on a concrete slab), I'll have to run a hose across the hallway to my tub I guess. Or should I run it out into a bucket (in the tub)? I've got a septic tank and don't know how much "sediment" to expect, but don't want to gum up the works.

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

April 24.

Spring is in the air.

The birds are shivering.

The trees are bare.

Snow falls gently.

What. the. hell.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

We regret to inform you that your entry into this year's haiku competition has been disqualified. Nice try though.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Michael