new to CMAK

Hi all just bought myself a copy of CMAK after completing the Demo's also used to play steel panthers world at war and most strategy games i can find ,very nice game it is too ,how did i miss this series i'll never know,anyway's to my point of posting,Having played the first few scenarios i was wondering....

Q1: is there anyway to watch a full battle during or after the match?

Q2:do many peeps play this online or pbem?

Q3:Is there any must have mods out at the moment?

Q4:where do you find opponents?

Q5:Is there any other websites that are usefull?

TIA for anyone who answers theses questions for me and hope to see ya's on the battle field, any challenges welcome but please no twenty tiger turnips I play for fun win or lose ;)

A1: yes, in a limited way. Look up "Play By Email Helper": it gives you this sort of functionality _in a limited way_.

A2: Thousands.

A3: The only must-have mods for CMAK are caffino's 10m grids. There are lots of other really nice ones, but the graphics in CMAK are pretty nice to start with. Get them at CMMODS.

Get a Mod Manager while you are there.

A4: There are various ladders. You can Google for them. The Proving Grounds and Wargamers come to mind.

" A lot of good men are gonna die becuase of my poor leadership "

If it is as poor as your spelling, that seems inevitable ;)

GaJ.

If you would like to find some pbem's I would also suggest www.theblitz.org .It is free, plus you can keep track of your career as a commander. As for how you missed this series, I would be interested in how you found it. Myself, just happened to be lucky looking through reviews on a website(something I usually don't do) Combat Mission Beyond Overlord was rated about the highest and I downloaded the demo. I haven't purchased another game since, other than cmak. Good luck and don't worry you will find plenty of help. Haven't found a better bunch of gamers out there.

The Proving Grounds, as previously mentioned (thanks GaJ!), has an Opponent Finder listing where you can search for opponents based on the game criteria that you're looking for and then contact those players in the list all through the site. We also do scenario beta testing there and everyone is invited to join in. We have, at last view, 190 scenarios in various stages of testing now. You can search and find one that looks interesting to you, find that opponent and then get a playtest going. Be sure to join the author in discussing the scenario on the scenario discussion forums there on the site as well!

Hope to see you there! URL is www.the-proving-grounds.com

welcome, there are a number of spwaw and sp players here. this game is very different from sp series, but is everything i ever wanted in sp. fow is different. gridded terrain cannot be turned on and off, so make sure you have a copy of your bmp file before you dl any gridded terrain mod. i like and use MCMMM mod manager. just be careful what order you install/uninstall things with it.