Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Arnhem Film - “Theirs is the Glory”

(Forgive me if this isn’t quite on topic but earlier posts on documentaries seem to have set a precedent. )

Here in Aust its coming up to ANZAC Day and the ABC has trotted this old chestnut out.

This film is made on location at Arnhem in 1946 and has no actors - they are all veterans of the conflict. Almost all the vehicles (British and German) are correct - they hadn’t been sent to the scrap yard yet.

Its a good piece of living history and deserves a watching.

So set your VCR’s (or Foxtel IQ’s or whatever) for 25th of April at 0430 (Sydney time).

BTW: Glad I went to Gallipoli before they turned ANZAC Cove into a superhighway. Hopefully they will leave Chunuk Bair alone for the Kiwis.

Sorry to disturb you Herr Major, but precedent was in fact set by one John Kettler, who also believes that the World Trade Centre disaster was a hoax, that cosmic distortions emanating from the centre of the earth have misaligned his computer components, and that we track his ROW turn reports on Excel spreadsheets, both individually and collectively.

Only you, sir, can choose the company you keep. :D

On the other hand, I would love to see this movie sometime. I can't even ask you to tape it for me because of the whole VCR region thing, isn't that right. **pout**

Ah but since keepers of the padlock don’t lock them down I’m assuming I’m within arc.

I don’t set the standards - just work within the framework given to me.

As for you watching, I’m looking at putting it on digital media - trying to get off the whole VCR tape thing. However the issue of copyright would preclude me me sending you a copy (maybe 10 disks each with 10% on it?).

Originally posted by gibsonm:

Ah but since keepers of the padlock don’t lock them down I’m assuming I’m within arc.

I don’t set the standards - just work within the framework given to me.

As for you watching, I’m looking at putting it on digital media - trying to get off the whole VCR tape thing. However the issue of copyright would preclude me me sending you a copy (maybe 10 disks each with 10% on it?).

Very generous...I should really buy my own copy some day, though, if it ever gets released on DVD. I shall invest in a flying pig some day, too. ;)