Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Thanks to the forum for a great helpful hint

MikeyD

Awhile ago in the 'Let's Benchmark CPUs' thread someone mentioned that CM seems to take less time to process between turns if the sound is first switched to 'off'. I didn't really believe it at first but lately I've been giving it at try and it works! A couple taps of the 'shift-s' key before hitting 'go' and it takes noticably LESS time to churn through the computations (or whatever my cpu does in there).

Try it, you'll like it!

Originally posted by junk2drive:

I've been playing without sound for quite a while. The wife and I share a room with our computers. The noise bugs her. When she is gone and I turn on the sound, I find it annoying and turn it back off.

I have the same situation here and I've found that the use of nice pair of headphones is the perfect solution. I can have the volume as I like it and it is no problem at all.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

I've been playing without sound for quite a while. [...]. When [...] I turn on the sound, I find it annoying and turn it back off.

You play with the sound off all the time ? Boy, I could not play that way... There are quite useful hints to gather from them, no ?