Confused about CMAK air support, etc. Help wanted!

My memory may well be faulty, but I could've sworn air support was available in CMBO QBs. What I'm reasonably sure of, though, based on the CMBB Sneak Preview, is that aircraft there had different ordnance loads available, at least in DYO Scenarios. I distinctly recall marveling at the choices available, including German CBUs and Russian PTAB HC bomblets, in addition to bombs and rockets. Was also excited to see the dedicated tankbusters.

What somewhat disturbs me now is that we seem to have gone backwards on aircraft weapon loads in CMAK. Looking in Air Support under Scenarios appears to show that the aircraft no longer have different weapon loadouts to choose from. Am I missing something here (a control or menu choice, mayhap?), or have we indeed lost ground in the flexibility of air support? If so, what happened? Would add that the CMAK QB selection display seems stark, not as nice, and is not as intuitive as what we had in CMBO. Is there some reason for this, please? Would really appreciate some insights on these matters.

Regards,

John Kettler

redwolf,

Perhaps I should clarify. My only CMBB experience was the Sneak Preview hosted by ACTOR. Though I've owned the game since ~ February 2003, it is only since last week that I've had the cybernetic wherewithal to run the game. That tragic story is chiefly found in the RoW III thread. Once I got the rented rig last week, my priorities were a) install and test the CMAK Demo and B) install and test CMAK, then patch same. Thereafter, it was time to process setups and roll turns in RoW IV. Consequently, I'm still working from a somewhat dated memory file, for I have yet to install CMBB. Did I imagine/hallucinate different ordnance loads for a given aircraft type in CMBB?

Regards,

John Kettler

Troops,

Okay, I've not only gone through the Air Support part of the CMBB manual, but have also spent some time in the QB generator and the Scenario Editor for CMAK. The CMBB manual reminded me that some aircraft models could be purchased in different configurations, with different prices. In rooting around the QB generator, I broke the code when I found that Allow Human opened up Air Support...that and a high point total in the right place, right time, and appropriate weather. Entries under Air Support showed that a given specific aircraft model may have several different weapon loads. In one case, an aircraft could arrive armed with either several unitary weapons or 96x5 lb. bomblets. This particular aircraft came in several unique variants, each with its own peculiar armament configuration.

Based on the above, my concerns at the beginning of the thread are now allayed. Thanks one and all!

Regards,

John Kettler