CMAK new tactics?

I just got CMAK. I am a BB player, what new kinds of tactics will I have to learn to make the most use of the relative light armor of the CMAK TO&E.

What new features in the engine will I have to adjust my playing style with?

In general this game is great, but I seem to have to relearn everything to play well in the desert and scrub.

Desert & scub is not really so different from open steppe in CMBB. Open desert without scrub is different because of the total lack of cover for your infantry, though.

First, vehicle pivot rates are much faster than in CMBB, so that valuable side shot on the Stug is no longer guaranteed.

Those desert dust clouds can be your friend. Not only can they help locate distant enemy units but that 88 laying (lying?) in wait will give its location away with its first shot - and maybe even briefly block its own LOS giving you a chance to escape!

And remember, high heat cuts long range visibility.

Much to everyone's surprise early war Italian tanks regularly kick British butt,. And for a brief moment the Grant is the game's überweapon.

I also learned that armor penetrations may not always KO a tank instantly. I played around with early war. In CMAK Is this only reflected in solid shot ap rounds? Or will an apbc still blow up the inside of a tank like in BB and KO it in one shot?

Originally posted by Icejon:

I also learned that armor penetrations may not always KO a tank instantly. I played around with early war. In CMAK Is this only reflected in solid shot ap rounds? Or will an apbc still blow up the inside of a tank like in BB and KO it in one shot?

Knockouts with small-calibre shells are very rare. 2pdr AT and German 37mm and 50mm don't offer the same knockout potential on the lightly armoured vehicles.

Learn to love extra-purchased LMGs in your QBs. For 7-9pts, you should get 1 per platoon to offer suppression because the rifle squads don't cut the mustard otherwise.