F-Killing the Grant Why the 2 for 1 on Gun Kills?

According to tests run by Poor Old Spike on Fragments here

http://www.fewgoodmen.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1169

a Gun Kill result on the Grant takes out both the turret mounted 37mm (plus presumably the Coax MG)

AND the sponson mounted 75mm. While I can certainly understand the first result, I don't understand the second at all. I grok that the game engine doesn't allow separate targeting of the two cannon, but I do know that the ammo expenditure is tracked separately. If the ammo expenditure is tracked separately, then why when a Gun Kill results are BOTH cannon taken out? This removes, IMO, an important real life combat redundancy aspect.

Regards,

John Kettler

Sure it's something with the engine. But the ballistics of the 37 and 75 are very different... wait, does this mean that any gun in CMAK might theoretically be 2 different guns? Is that how different shell muzzle velocities are actually represented, 'below the hood'?

And how do 3-mg pillboxes work?

Weird, weird weird. You'd think it'd be simpler to have two distinct guns capable of being damaged independently, but i sure wouldn't know.

I hope I'm remembering this correctly. I think CM's got the Grant in the earlier CMBB game too but they just couldn't budget the time to figure out how to get the game engine to graphically represent a multi-gun vehicle. So it shares polygons with the Sherman. I guess they had to jump through a lot of hoops to provide us with what they finally came up with for CMAK. The game engine simply didn't want to cooperate.

There's another two-gun vehicle in CMAK, the Churchill MkI. It shares polygons with the MkIV though in practice it fights like a Grant. We almost got a properly rendered MkI but BFC ran out of time and disk space. Soooo close :(