System requirements for CMAK

Could anyone who has played or tested CMAK please advise on how it runs compared to CMBB? My aging system (750mhz) isn't too happy with large CMBB maps and particularly doesn't like lots of smoke, which concerns me now we are getting lots of lovely dust clouds as well.

If I could remember the wonderful guy who did the low-res doodad mod I'd give him a mention here because that made a huge speed difference for no visual loss. It would be great if someone had plans to do another one.

So does CMAK seem to run slower, faster, or about the same as CMBB on your system, and do I have to bite the bullet and go for the upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by The Green Rascal:

Could anyone who has played or tested CMAK please advise on how it runs compared to CMBB? My aging system (750mhz) isn't too happy with large CMBB maps and particularly doesn't like lots of smoke, which concerns me now we are getting lots of lovely dust clouds as well.

If I could remember the wonderful guy who did the low-res doodad mod I'd give him a mention here because that made a huge speed difference for no visual loss. It would be great if someone had plans to do another one.

So does CMAK seem to run slower, faster, or about the same as CMBB on your system, and do I have to bite the bullet and go for the upgrade.

Thanks in advance.

It depends if you have enough memory (at least 512MB) and a good video card (FX 5600 128 MB or higher or a ATI 9700 pro 128 MB or higher) then I think a 750Mhz can do the job. Otherwise you can turn down some graphics. But I know the feeling... I've got it every time when a new game hits the stores