Any old CM players touch T72 yet?

Me, I'm stuck on an aging mac so T72 is out of my reach currently. I'm curious about how traditional CM tank tactics translates into realtime tank sim play.

CM players should have a natural advantage in the game, already being well practiced at terrain masking, flanking, etc. etc. In 'theory' we should be able to run rings around our opponents tactically. Not too sure how good we'd be at the realtime 'twitch' shooter part, though. I can imagine us yelling "Hey, gimme a minute here to figure this bit out, okay?" :D;)

Those freaking, gamey ATGs hiding in the trees and rain suxxors.

I haven't been that successful with the gunner position so I have sticking to the driver's position and letting my crew do the work for me. Finding hull-down is trickier that I had imagined....especially when you throw in slopes that might expose your topside to attack from elevated positions.

Shooting infantry with the AA gun is tricky but helpfull when that nasty RPG pops up from the side.

Gamey, map-hugging, flanking runs has shown the greatest chance of success so far.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

CM players should have a natural advantage in the game, already being well practiced at terrain masking, flanking, etc. etc. In 'theory' we should be able to run rings around our opponents tactically.

Heh... think again. ;) CM doesn't model gun elevation limitations. I find it really hard to use tanks in OpFlashpoint for the very reason that hitting stuff much above or below of me requires so much maneuvering in bumpy terrain. And then the difficulty of reaching hull-down.