MikeyD

I’m on a roll now!

- British Stuart III/IV, Italian theater, late welded hull

- British Stuart Kangaroo/Recon, Italian theater, early Stuart I hull

- U.S. M3A1 Stuart, Tunisia markings, Mid-production hull

at our favorite site of course:

www.cmmods.com

Three VERY different Stuarts for you.

-The Italian theater Brit Stuart III/IV is the only initial-hull Stuart to make it to Europe. This mod is a late production welded hull vehicle - quite a shock seeing a bolt-free Stuart!

-By contrast the poor U.S. M3A1 doesn’t even survive to the end of the Tunisia fight! This mod was given hull-top mountings for spare fuel drums as seen in the campaign. I was too fond of the default art’s garish markings to discard them, so my M3A1 has the same bright yellow stars & turret stripe, plus an American flag on the hull side. If that treatment is too much for you I included some alt. ‘standard’ markings too.

-Stuart Kangaroo/Recon was made from redundant Stuart hulls. This mod is on an old obsolete Stuart I hull with early driver’s visor. Since we’re talking recon I made sure a spare radio set can be seen when you peer into the interior.

Those M3A1-hull Stuarts were more work than I expected. After I finished them I discovered to my horror that at least some M3A1s were constructed with a rounded single piece rear hull plate! Yikes! So it was back to the drawing board for a one-piece rear. Check out the results.

cmmods.com screnshots:

Colorful N.A. Stuart M3A1

Hoppin' Stuart Kangaroo (Italy)

LATE Brit Stuart III Italy

[ February 27, 2006, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]