Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Demo Disappoints - no contour or exposure indicators, STILL!!!

Originally posted by General Focker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Simon, go cool off and someday come back and read the whole thread when you aren't in such a touchy mood.

Simon has been an arrogant **** from day one. He gets off on throwing wild accusations about people from his high horse and then sitting back when his victims (rightly) object to being mischaracterized. I'd recommend ignoring him in future. </font>

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Trommelfeuer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Now I read your statement and I realize that the present condition is in fact intentional. Unfortunately this 'feature' was one of the reasons that I did not and will not buy CM:AK. Let me tell you why, as it is an emotional thing. I went out to play the demo (the German assault scenario) and (like others I assume) was absolutely *shocked* when I discovered that central wadi in the middle of the game, that could have saved me so much grieve. This was when I got a little bit upset as I thought to myself: they had years to give me a means of reading the terrain better and all I get is a swamp of pixels.

I don't really understand the problem, I switched to view 1 in the setup phase, looked across the map, and discovered the wadi after 5 seconds .... o.K. could have been six or seven seconds as well.... ;)

Regards, Sven </font>

correct me if I am wrong but one of the simple things sand digger asked for was to SEE THE CONTOUR elevation lines as you might on a regular topographic map.

Is this an unreasonable request? or just technically impossible (as has been hinted) in the current game engine.

I have been posting here to request contour/elevation lines on the maps (or at LEAST an optional MAP overlay of a semi transparent grey contoure lines that you can toggle off and on) since CMBO was released.

FORGET all the LOS and FOW issues here for a moment.

Can we not JUST HAVE MAPS with the ability to see topo map LIKE contour/elevations lines? There is NOTHING gamey or unrealistic about wanting to see contour lines on game maps IMHO smile.gif

FWIW

-tom w

Originally posted by sand digger:

Why is this otherwise great series of games still lacking suitable means of judging unit exposure to enemy LOS and proposed move LOS? Geez, a couple of old games I had incorporated the means to do this eg contour lines. It is one of the most essential features of any war game, particularly when you are trying to manouver vulnerable tanks.

It is also not unrealistic to use such a feature, eg men on the ground can judge distances and heights with some accuracy while usually you can at least sneak a look towards a proposed destination to judge its exposure. Fog of war takes care of the rest as far as realism goes.

I've been waiting since Beyond Overlord for this to be fixed, that plus a means to bulk move units forward without having to plot a path for each individual one. Sorry, let me know when this is fixed and I'll start buying again.

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by General Focker:

Simon, go cool off and someday come back and read the whole thread when you aren't in such a touchy mood.

Simon has been an arrogant **** from day one. He gets off on throwing wild accusations about people from his high horse and then sitting back when his victims (rightly) object to being mischaracterized. I'd recommend ignoring him in future. </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by General Focker:

Dorosh, seriously, this is'nt even the General forum for goodness sakes, a lot of kids looking for info about the game go straight to this part of the forum, a little discretion and class would be much appreciated, after all you agreed to and broke about half the forum rules in a single post for no reason not that there would be any real excuse anyway.

If you won't adhere to forum rules for the forum moderators and I Dorosh, at least think of the children!!!!

Oh and Dorosh i may have some things to add that high and "mighty" you might deem "worthy". My great uncle was a Marine who served in the Pacific Theater in World War 2 and spent time in a Japanese POW camp after his squad got shot up right in front of him after they surrendered, at seeing this he fell to his knees and started praying waiting for his turn, for some reason they spared him if you call it that as he was sent to a pow camp. He was the only survivor of his squad. He passed away last year.

I have decided that any kind of civil discussion with you is not a possibility as you insist against it Dorosh, just try and stick to the forum rules you agreed to was my only point and reason for posting to you.