Computer Experience Bonus in CMAK

Hi All,

I have recently been playing a series of games against the AI, in the context of Robert Oleson's campaign.

In the last couple of battles I "rolled" a computer experience bonus of +1 and +2. In both battles, it turned out that the computer troops were of Conscript quality.

I could have sworn by the way they fought (especially in the second battle) that they were veteran, in fact I was sure of this during the fight, and only found out they were conscript when the battles ended. I base this on the fact that squads were placed under repeated heavy fire and did not route (and after the battle I found out they took ~80% losses).

My question is twofold. Firstly, how can the computer get Conscript troops with a +2 experience bonus, shouldn't they be at least regular?

And secondly, could there be a bug in the experience presentation when one selects computer experience bonus, making veteran or higher troops look like conscripts?

Before I get any RTFM responses smile.gif , I would like to assure you that I scoured the manual for any discussion on this issue and found nothing that can explain what I see.

Thanks in advance,

Yair Iny

The experience bonus is 'under the hood' so while it says conscript they were performing as regulars. That kinda answers the 2nd question too. Conscripts act like veterans, not veterans looking like conscripts. No bug, feature. I guess they chose this way because they have their scenarios designed with a troops a specific quality. I guess it's easier giving them a bonus then changing their quality.

Please don't ask what happens if elite troops get a +2 bonus. Is there an uber elite quality?