CMMOS statistics

Well it seems obvious to me that the new version of CMMOS is a hit. It is been out a very short time and has had 101 downloads! Doesn't match GreenAsJade's mod manager in download numbers but his has been out a while longer but I am working on giving him some friendly run for his money kind of thing.

I was a bit surprised to see that AndrewTFs Kubelwagen mod for CMAK is the highest downloaded item with 135 downloads? More downloads than CMMOS itself and you need the new version to make his mod work!!?! Wait till you see his Kubelwagen for CMBO, if memory serves there are 8 different version to choice from, yeah something like that.

Now I am pouring CMMOS mods for both CMAK and CMBO (more of CMBO will follow this weekend) and will be doing so for some time now. So I am asking a special request. CM Mod Database is valuable resourse for all of us. It is being run by a gamer out of his own pocket. I am going to try to factor in some money, no much maybe $50 or so, to help matters. So if anyone out there can find anything to help keep this resource for us running please give it a thought. Trust me more CMMOS mods are on their way, I have some 400-500 for CMBO alone. His costs to run the Database got to be a handfull.

MikeT

Originally posted by MikeT:

I was a bit surprised to see that AndrewTFs Kubelwagen mod for CMAK is the highest downloaded item with 135 downloads? More downloads than CMMOS itself and you need the new version to make his mod work!!?! Wait till you see his Kubelwagen for CMBO, if memory serves there are 8 different version to choice from, yeah something like that.

MikeT

I think I can shed some light on this mystery Mike....The SPW250-1 link actually leads to the Kubelwagen....I think it needs to be corrected.... ;)

It is not in the Mod Manager section. Click on new CMAK mods, then the designer "MikeT" you should then find it. Download the new zip plus the new rulesets. If interested in CMBO you will find those in the CMBO section.

I made one serious miscalculation and placed the CMMOS and rulesets zips under my name not "CMMOS" which I am using now.

I do need to ask Todd about if that can be fixed.

But give it another look. If you still cannot find it email me at home tonight at "miket6065@abcglobal.net" and we can go over it again.

MikeT

Originally posted by MikeT:

Well it seems obvious to me that the new version of CMMOS is a hit. It is been out a very short time and has had 101 downloads! Doesn't match GreenAsJade's mod manager in download numbers but his has been out a while longer but I am working on giving him some friendly run for his money kind of thing.

It's great to see more options out there for CM fanatics. It was always a shame to have the cobwebs hanging over CMMOS... that was what prompted me to do McMMM in the first place.

With respect to statistics, it would seem kinda natural for the proportion of downloads of the each mod managers to match the proportion of mods available for each.

;)

GaJ.

CMMOS is self-installing. Just double click on it and follow your nose from there. Also make sure you download the rulesets and unzip those for later use.

Once CMMOS is installed you will be asked which game you which to start with, CMBO-CMBB- or CMAK, find the exe for that game, then install the rulesets. Once those are installed. You will be ready to install the mods.

Now there is in the installed CMMOS a very detailed install guide that Gordon Molek created some time ago.

MikeT