Snipers harder to find?

Runyan99

It's actually more than 10 rounds, just as MGs actually have more than 50-65 rounds at their disposal. The numbers represent bursts or other forms of repeated shots for all rifle-caliber weapons. I admit that it strikes me as a little odd to apply it to sharpshooters, but maybe it was done to prevent them from becoming all-powerful.

Michael

The sniper abstracted ammo was done because the CM1 engine cannot model single shots. If you shoot at a unit marker represening several men, then all men have their own chance of becoming a casualty, that means there is always a chance that 2 or more die from whatever hit the unit marker receives.

Killing two or more would look pretty odd if there was only one bullet coming in.

Personally I find the sharpshooters to be pretty short on ammo but then in my opinion longer CM battles will ammo bumped up for everybody are more realistic anyway.

I didn't find them harder to spot, in fact the AI killed two of them a few days ago from positions where I thought they would be safe. Doh!