What effect do the different levels of Fitness have??

I am doing an operation on the battle to take and hold Sainte-Mere-Eglise on 6 June. In a effort to model the paratroopers and the German garrison I am looking at all the different levels of experience, fitness, fatigue and suppression. I think I have an idea of how each of them works and affects the unit involved except fitness.

What exactly does fitness do to a unit?? :confused: :confused:

I had a company commander be unfit for a test and I could see no difference in his performance than from any other HQ on the field.

Panther Commander

Originally posted by Panther Commander:

I had a company commander be unfit for a test and I could see no difference in his performance than from any other HQ on the field.

Panther Commander

PC, fitness effects how long a unit can run, or even walk without getting tired, exshausted etc.

For example a, weakend unit tires in half the time of a fit unit (in my experience anyway). An unfit unit is in even worse shape.

Originally posted by Panzerman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panther Commander:

Panther Commander

PC, fitness effects how long a unit can run, or even walk without getting tired, exshausted etc.

For example a, weakend unit tires in half the time of a fit unit (in my experience anyway). An unfit unit is in even worse shape. </font>

Originally posted by Panther Commander:

I am assuming that the fitness for a unit starting an operation would stay the same throughout the operation?? :confused:

Panther Commander

I'd think so. I just finished an operation that had weakened troops in battle 1 and fit ones as reinforcements later. None of them changed fitness levels between battles.

Dschugaschwili