AI Battles

First off CM is the best squad level ( or any level )game I have played since ASL. The forum is GREAT! I'm sure there is a thread that answers my question in there somewere, but till I can find it ( I always get side tracked reading other good stuff )maybe y'all can help. One of the best things about CM is playing solo. But all scenarios are not created equal. The AI seems to do best with small to medium static defence, and that is due to the fine work of the scenario designer. So far in CMAK the solo game has improved A ton. Thanx BFC! :D Is there a way to balance a larger battle against the AI ? Also I would like to know about your favorite scenario vs AI. I have been aCMmulated.

[ August 30, 2004, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: weasleboy ]

Hi weasleboy!

You might want to check out my campaign (se my sig). It's against the AI and I use the mechanisms General Colt described to adjust the difficulty. It is based on QB's and doesn't quite compare to a carefully crafted scenario, but it allows you to follow a core force over several battles. And the current beta version has rules for importing maps (check out Pyewackets tool)

Thanks everybody! And you're right SEANACHAI. I played alot of flight sims. Weaselboy was taken so I changed a letter.I dun plum fergot it waz spelt wrong. That was my call sign. Not a good story, but an ok excuse I hope. Also Weaselboy was taken as a member name.

[ August 29, 2004, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: weasleboy ]

Originally posted by weasleboy:

Thanks everybody! And you're right SEANACHAI. I played alot of flight sims. Weaselboy was taken so I changed a letter.I dun plum fergot it waz spelt wrong. That was my call sign. Not a good story, but an ok excuse I hope. Also Weaselboy was taken as a member name.

Well...good enough. But I'll be watching your spelling, young man!

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by weasleboy:

Well...good enough. But I'll be watching your spelling, young man! </font>

Sorry for the slow response, but I write these things at work, and theres always some customer with a petty problem that wants a part for his piece of crap car. Inbreds. Completely derails me. But now I'm home and can thank you properly GENERAL COLT. Just adjusting the experience points changes the way the AI moves and fires. Whole new game. Guess I gotta play all the scenarios again. Oh well... There goes my relationship with whats her name, the lady I live with. Can't wait to play the campaign OLESEN. Thanks all. Weasleboy

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Originally posted by weasleboy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Originally posted by junk2drive:

weasel i'm in auto parts but as manager i just look too busy to wait on people when i'm posting. i let my workers handle it.

I try to look busy, but the green screen with the firing tank gives me away. They know that Ford does'nt have a BATTLEFRONT parts depot.

You need to get one of those hood thingies that football refs look through when they're reviewing a flagged play.

Or, you could make a color printout of an actual parts page and tape that up over your screen and just lift it up when you're posting and such.

Or, you could just take a large sheet and drape it over both you and the monitor and if anyone comes up and tries to speak to you, you can yell, "DON'T TALK TO ME, I'M INVISIBLE!!!"

And if they continue to try to talk to you, just go, "LALALALALALALANOTLISTENINGNOTLISTENINGICAN'T HEAR YOULALALALALALA..." until they go away or wrestle you to the ground.

Hell, I do that all the time at work.

Originally posted by dieseltaylor:

" One of the best things about CM is playing solo."

Oh heresy Weasleboy

AI is for wimps!!! but I suppose because I lose to the AI thats why I beat humans [ on average , on a good day, with fortune on my side]

The AI is great (or okay) training for PBEM. Ain't nothing like a human opponent.I have my Brother hooked now. We plan to play some HOTSEAT scenarios to sharpen our skills. Then its off to find some PBEM opponents. Soon I will be a Jedi...or..similar.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

You need to get one of those hood thingies that football refs look through when they're reviewing a flagged play.

Or, you could make a color printout of an actual parts page and tape that up over your screen and just lift it up when you're posting and such.

Or, you could just take a large sheet and drape it over both you and the monitor and if anyone comes up and tries to speak to you, you can yell, "DON'T TALK TO ME, I'M INVISIBLE!!!"

And if they continue to try to talk to you, just go, "LALALALALALALANOTLISTENINGNOTLISTENINGICAN'T HEAR YOULALALALALALA..." until they go away or wrestle you to the ground.

Hell, I do that all the time at work.

I used the cloak of invisibility, and it worked! Super idea BOO! I could hear them talking about me, and I heard my boss say something about my commission check not being enough to buy a Happy Meal at Micky D's if I didn't get back to work. So I waited till they all left and I came out. But it was cool man!