Ordering Questions

After playing cmbo for years I'm finally going to bite the bullet and get cmak and I'm trying to decide between the disk and download version. I really dislike disk copy protection so I'd like to ask a few questions.

Since there is a download version, does the disk even have copy protection?

How big is the download?

If I get the download, how do I get the 32 page guide that comes with the disk?

If I get the disk and it has copy protection, is there a reliable nocd available (and I see nothing wrong with using a nocd for a product I buy)?

I'm going to make the purchase soon and thank anyone in advance who can help me with this.

I just downloaded CMAK last week. I don't know if the disk has copy-protection but my guess is that it does. The download is 873 MB (915,930,304 bytes. The manual is part of the install (213 p. PDF format). I have a 2.6G system with cable modem and it took 5-6 hours to download (I did it overnight). I don't know of a nocd patch.

Hi rich, nice to see you in here.

As I read it, you get a license to use the download on one computer. There is no disc. (Edit, I meant with the download)

The PDF manual is all we get with the packaged product. I find it easier to find than my CMBB paper book.

[ May 15, 2005, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: junk2drive ]

>Since there is a download version, does the disk even have copy protection?

Yes, it does. No physical copy protection though that makes your CD jump out and run away or something smile.gif Just a simple cd check required at start-up (you can remove the CD while playing).

>If I get the download, how do I get the 32 page guide that comes with the disk?

You don't. You get the game manual as PDF, that's it. The 32 guide with the (what I find most useful) key controls chart and order over on the covers is not part of the download version.

>If I get the disk and it has copy protection, is there a reliable nocd available (and I see nothing wrong with using a nocd for a product I buy)?

You might not see nothing wrong, but I do see something wrong in advertising such a patch in public, and therefore won't help you in this respect, and will delete any such posts.

Martin