Windows XP......?

Hi guys...Ok, maybe I have already missed the boat on this CM and XP issue....I installed XP and then suddenly remembered that there was a graphical issue with my beloved CM. Was this issue resolved or soon to be resolved or is it being ignored? Just say the word guys and I will REINSTALL 98SE.

Mad Mobeus :confused:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mad Mobeus:

Hi guys...Ok, maybe I have already missed the boat on this CM and XP issue....I installed XP and then suddenly remembered that there was a graphical issue with my beloved CM. Was this issue resolved or soon to be resolved or is it being ignored? Just say the word guys and I will REINSTALL 98SE.

Mad Mobeus :confused: <hr></blockquote>

XP is an awesome improvement over 2000 or 98. I say keep it. I have no problems with CM and my Nvidia card (which is what some were having problems with) otherthan some textures going transparent after a screen refresh. But if I refresh again, it's stable and looks 100%. So all I do is if things come up looking odd is to alt-tab and then alt-shft-tab back. NO fuss no muss. THe one other problem seems to be with Nvidias's OGL driver and Half Life. For some it causes lockups, but they say that the 23.11 drivers solve the issue. HAvne't had a hankering for DOD in the last few weeks, so I don't know.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Compassion:

For some it causes lockups, but they say that the 23.11 drivers solve the issue. HAvne't had a hankering for DOD in the last few weeks, so I don't know.<hr></blockquote>

Hi there!

I currently have XP and a Geforce 2MX400. With the 15.70 drivers CM kept crashing (which it never has done to me before) and had several graphic glitches. Now with the 23.10 drivers all the crashes are gone and the only graphical problem I'm seeing is the AAR-screen transparency.

So after a little bit of tinkering I got my system up and running as before. And XP seems so far to be a VERY big improvement from 98, 2000.... Some older programs wont work offcourse, but who cares... CM is running fine smile.gif

Jussi

Hi again guys... After playing CM after a while last night, the only graphical irregularities I noticed was in the fonts on the bottom status bar and on the pop up action menu. Other then that there is NO problems...the smoke from burning vehicles still looks nice and muzzle flame and smoke also looks normal. I guess I can live with it the way it is....I mean I usually use the hotkeys to give out orders anyhow, so that just leaves the buggered text on the status bar... *sigh*...oh well. Thanx again guys.

Mad Mobeus smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mad Mobeus:

After I tried forcing the AA to 4X, I now have NO issues at ALL with CM in XP.<hr></blockquote>

Good for you! And for us hardware iliterate, by "forcing the AA to 4x" you mean.....? :cool:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SpazManOught:

It feals like i'm playing in jelly with AA set to 4x. Theres just a slight pause between moving the mouse and the camera moving. I'll just stick with the dodgy status bar text.<hr></blockquote>

Try forced anti-aliasing to 2x and see if thats not a good compromise. It cleared the very minor breakup I had on white text (oddly enough I only see that bug on eliminated/abandoned/knocked out units). For some other more demanding games I had to change it back to get good framerates, but with CM it didn't impact performance enough to matter.