Uploading my soundmod now...

Well my mod is both in .zip and .rar format...

because .rar compresses it more (afaik) and because cmmods only takes .zip files i had to put the .rar files in a .zip...

messy huh? :(

so get both winzip and winrar (or just winace... i think it handles both .zip and .rar files)

hmmm... no feedback yet? (cept for the .zip-.rar thing that is) :(:(

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

Well my mod is both in .zip and .rar format...

because .rar compresses it more (afaik) and because cmmods only takes .zip files i had to put the .rar files in a .zip...

messy huh? :(

so get both winzip and winrar (or just winace... i think it handles both .zip and .rar files)

hmmm... no feedback yet? (cept for the .zip-.rar thing that is) :(:(

WinRAR will handle .zips as well. It's the only archiver that I have, it will handle all formats actually.

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

hmmm... no feedback yet? (cept for the .zip-.rar thing that is)

Well let me be the first, then. Totally excellent dude! Honestly I can't compare with the original sounds, as I'm not going to troll through each file and compare, but I just played through a few PBEM turns with your mods installed and the sounds were great. This one is defintely a "keep 'er".

Originally posted by Panzerfest:

From what heard very good work, :D but I havn't heard them in game yet im having trouble getting them installed, cant get either the .rar or zip files to work with Mcmmm and theyre listed as 'info only' I dont want to just overwrite the files or manually back them up. any tips :confused:

cant help ya there... these were made for "keeps" so i havent made them compliable with any kind of mod manager... dont actually use mod managers personally... :D

Originally posted by atiff:

Well let me be the first, then. Totally excellent dude! Honestly I can't compare with the original sounds, as I'm not going to troll through each file and compare, but I just played through a few PBEM turns with your mods installed and the sounds were great. This one is defintely a "keep 'er".

well to be honest im still getting used to the Bolt-Action rifle sounds as they are the newest sounds in there and ive been used to the old Kar98k sounds ive been using for the past 2 CM games... :D

the 150mm is also very new... almost had a little boo there... forgot to convert it to the proper frequensy and it was playing at 2x the speed in-game... but i fixed it just before the release... :eek:

it does? well i just changed it because in the old mods i have used the sound from Medal of Honor (i think) but since all the nations rifles sounded the same, i decided to use another sound...

personally i have fired a Kar98k (swedish version tho... 6.5mm) and cant really describe the sound... thing is, you are always too close to hear it well when firing...

but if you think the sound is weak, just download the old mod and rename the rifle sounds... the numbers are in the readme and in the new version the numbers are 00002060+ i think... either that or 000002070+