Close Air support

CMPlayer,

I don't think Uncle Sena* was having a go at Dook at all. Rather, I think you'll find he was poking the borax at a certain other poster to this thread, in a round-a-bout way.

Incidentally, thanks for your posts Dook. Interesting stuff smile.gif

Regards

JonS

* Who has no mortal enemies, by the way. Did you know that? Sheesh, even I have one. What has the man-gnome (mome?) been doing?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by JonS:

...Uncle Sena*...

* Who has no mortal enemies, by the way. Did you know that? Sheesh, even I have one. What has the man-gnome (mome?) been doing?

Odd you should call him Uncle... Peng sent me an e-mail with a very enlightening theory as to why seanachai can't seem to get himself a mortal enemy. When I get home, I will be sure to post it here

Originally posted by JonS:

CMPlayer,

I don't think Uncle Sena* was having a go at Dook at all. Rather, I think you'll find he was poking the borax at a certain other poster to this thread, in a round-a-bout way.

I thought he was taking the p*** out of Reincarnated, actually. Guess I wrote it wrong, and gave the opposite impression.

why seanachai can't seem to get himself a mortal enemy
Isn't it because he seems too cuddly?

[ October 23, 2003, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

...broad, sweeping unsupported statements, waffle and dither when he's called on them, and get into the regular habit of attempting to disguise the fact that he was stating opinion as fact by using arrogance disguised as self-deprecation, along with the regular use of the expressions 'I read it once somewhere', 'I have a hazy memory of', 'I can't cite exactly when', 'It was in a seminal work the name of which escapes me right now', 'I wrote a paper about it, but apparently have no access to the sources I used', etc. etc. etc.

Crap. Did you have to give away all my secret techniques, honed over years of carefully avoiding contact with reality? Sheesh. And I used to think you were such a nice guy, too, "one of us" and all that...

Michael

Originally posted by CMplayer:

Isn't it because he seems too cuddly?

Cuddly? Well, he's what MrPeng had to say...

He's a very likable guy in a "Dad's old weird drunken unmarried friend you call 'uncle' but try to avoid now that you are a bit older and desirable to sickos who want to bugger 17 year old high school boys" sort of way

Note: Slightly editted so as not to get myself banned

As for the rest of you lot, 'Hoho, very funny, let's take the piss out of Seanachai' I don't think!

And here I went and tried to make sure that none of our lot would be disruptive in this otherwise interesting and informative thread, and you've gone and done it yourselves!

Grogs are going to make it on to my list of Abominations, just you wait and see! I've got a whole new set coming out today as part of my deification.

Originally posted by Dook:

Thanks for the kind words guys. Glad I could help.

As for the name,it's meant to be a tongue-in-cheek comment on the instititution of higher learning where I spent too many years chasing the mystical sheepskin.

So you have a thing about sheep too? You should meet a fellow named Mace. He's about these parts now and then. As for me, I'm a wolf-man myself; never saw the attraction of sheep really.

Originally posted by CMplayer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dook:

As for the name,it's meant to be a tongue-in-cheek comment on the instititution of higher learning where I spent too many years chasing the mystical sheepskin.

So you have a thing about sheep too? You should meet a fellow named Mace. He's about these parts now and then. As for me, I'm a wolf-man myself; never saw the attraction of sheep really. </font>