AIR BOMBING BUG WHEN SAVING GAME

Originally posted by Le Tondu:

I'm glad that you've asked that FredKors and for what its worth (everyone,) I did a test.

Great job! Very great job!

I made the same thing you made. My conclusions are the same: ALL RIGHT! NO BUG!

BUT BUT BUT

then I changed the plane: I used a Messerschmitt. I found the bug immediately!

I think the bug is linked to the random weaponry of the Messerschmitt (1x550 lb OR 4x110).

These are the files of the movies (without passwords) and the scenario.

Thanks again! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Okay. I switched my simulation to the Messerschmitt and you ARE RIGHT.

THERE IS A BUG and it has something (it seems) to do with aircraft with variable bomb loads.

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

Over a period of four turns my Messerschmitt (who should have a maximum of 4 bombs) dropped 9 bombs!!!!!

Turn 10 - 3 bombs were dropped

Turn 11 - 4 bombs were dropped

Turn 12 - 1 bomb was dropped

Turn 13 - 1 bomb was dropped

What I did was save the game at the first opportunity to do so after the each time bombs were dropped.

13 turns was enough for me to become convinced. This has to be fixed, IMHO. It is way too glaring a bug. (Sorry guys.)

[ December 11, 2004, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: Le Tondu ]

I was wrong earlier when I said there was no bug. My hat is off for FredKors for this one.

Aircraft with single bomb types are not affected by this bug. Just ones with variable bombs. For instance, the Messerchmitt Bf 109G-6/R1 is the fignterbomber that I was able to make it happen with. Just start saving the game (exit the scenario and then reload it for PBEM) after any bomb is dropped and you'll get plenty more with which to foil your opponent with in the coming turn.

Try it for yourself. It works.

I know that I didn't find until I looked for it, but if it had popped up after I invested a lot of time in a marathon PBEM game (like I play,) I wouldn't have been happy.

The strange thing about this bug is that it can happen without your opponent ever actually cheating. Playing a Large scenario and the wife needs you to stop and do something with her? Just save the game and come back later to finish it off and you and your opponent might get a big surprise.

Surely, someone cares at BFC.