Captured and Custom Vehicles

I have just started playing around with CMAK. I was wondering if anyone noticed whether or not there was any facility for using captured vehicles. This was quite common in the Desert War - particularly by the Germans. Rommel's favorite command vehicle was British-made and the Germans were known to press Matilda's and Crusader's into service in 1941-42.

I figure some of the bizarre custom jobs that the Afrika Korps did are probably beyond the pale. For instance, I have seen photographs of a 150mm infantry gun mounted on a PKW III chassis. Conversions like this were also common in the Afrika Korps which was always salvaging damaged equipment and making something useful out of it (they got so little from Germany).

Anybody seen any provisions for either of these equipment circumstances?

Tom Haymes

Originally posted by sgtgoody (esq):

I'm not sure how viable it is with the current engine to do a "patch as expansion" thing. Most of the patches have been tweaks and repairs.

True --- put this would not be actually adding, so much as switching over an already existing model. Not as difficult, I would think (hope).

The Afrika Corps in the game certainly could've used a pile more captured/foreign vehicle types (especially Italian tanks and Stuarts). But the CD was already full to overflowing and more vehicles mean more dedicated vehicle textures. The game's already about 1.7 gigs. Want to shoot for 2 gigs?

A good point and really should be in the game. During operation Crusader, both sides had captured so much equipment and intermingled it with thier own that after a few days of fighting, air support was effectively nullified as neither air force could be sure that they were firing on friendly or enemy troops.

Originally posted by CRSutton:

A good point and really should be in the game. During operation Crusader, both sides had captured so much equipment and intermingled it with thier own that after a few days of fighting, air support was effectively nullified as neither air force could be sure that they were firing on friendly or enemy troops.

Sounds like typical air support as modeled in CMAK - oops, that was another thread, wasn't it?

Lt. Badger