The Color Brown...

Originally posted by Urban Shocker:

...as in brown skin color. Has anybody seen it yet? Are the Indian units dark-skinned? Are the African units dark-skinned? I played Neibiwa Fort and there were supposedly African conscripts but they all looked European to me. If not, it probably should be modded or patched for those who are HC (historically correct).

Indian units? African units? You mean the French colonial troops? Senegalese soldiers?

You probably wouldn't see it as the "face" BMPs are used for both sides. For that matter, I would think that the Italian faces would be darker than their arian brothers to the north, but they're not. Plus, I don't know that the South African troops were necessarily "African" as much as they were Boers or Afrikaners, (White Africans descended from Dutch settlers). As for the Indians, well, I think you're gonna see a lot of white indians because of my opening comment.

Everybody uses the same faces, no dedicated nation/ethnic types. Since CMAK doesn't have to worry about Home Guard units protecting Berlin I don't think there's even a dedicated older/younger set in the game anymore. The only concession to the African sun that I can see is a slightly greater frequency of blondes.

Hey listen, don't sweat it. I was a little upset that I couldn't select the Muslim SS with their "Death's Head" emblazoned Fez's in CMBB but what are you gonna do? This is probably an easy switch out mod. Just pull up the BMP's for faces and hands and darken em up for a scenario. The fez mod would be alot more complicated.

I know Indian units for sure because I've seen pictures of them and they were given names like "4th Indian Division." I have no doubt there were probably other divisions that were called "Ethiopian Division" or some such name that reflected there nation of origin. I know that dark-skinned people fought (fought damn hard) in WWII. I am not "groggy" enough to give specifics but they should be there!

Hey, I'm just saying some people get bent out of shape if the barrel from the T34 is placed on a Hetzer yet whole races of people are not represented accurately...not even close!

[ December 09, 2003, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Urban Shocker ]