This is the Peng Challenge that never ends....It goes on and on my Friends....

Originally posted by v42below:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wallybob:

Wallybob is waiting.

You heard the thing - Grogybob is waiting. Bring it a warm milk bottle and a new diaper before it starts making those siren noises and blowing spit bubbles again. But watch out... oh wait, most of you are used to things crapping on you... never mind. </font>

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I never go to 'Goodaler' land

That is where the sentence should have ended. At least that's where it would have ended in my case. That goddam place is far too clean and cheery for my liking. Needs a bit more faeces smeared over the wafflemaker. Speaking of faeces, whatever happened to Floppyblob?

So, you saw yourself as you wished you were,

As you might have been, as you cannot be;

Earth here, rebuked by Olympus there:

And grew content in your poor degree

With your little power, by those statues' godhead,

And your little scope, by their eyes' full sway,

And your little grace, by their grace embodied,

And your little date, by their forms that stay.

That's why I prefer reading poetry in my native tongue, no chance to lose any meaning in attempting to translate.

Originally posted by Wallybob:

Boo, if you notice, I done been here much longer than you, and I was lurking longer than that.

Bugger off, or send a setup.

Dear VolleyBall,

HA! Low member numbers don't impress me! I know more "low" members than you would care to shake a stick at (if that's your idea of a good time) . Look at dalem. I know, I know, it's early in the morning and what with his hair being all cattywumpas and his housdress all wrinkled, he's not a pretty sight, but believe me, it doesn't get a whole lot better.

As my great aunt Ruth used to say, "If you can't just be decorative, you must be useful."

She, of course, never met dalem.

I'll give you this Seanachai ... {sounds of a large, heavy and somehow WET object being dragged across the stone flagstones ... a heartfelt and hernia inducing exclaimation of lifting followed by ...} THHUMMMMPPPP!

and it's more than you deserve.

Mind you I'm pleased that you finally understand that we can't just go recruiting new members, that, in fact, the ones we have now are just fine as they are (with the obvious exceptions ... dalem, Lars, MrSpkr ... virtually ALL the Australians).

And regardless, we CERTAINLY wouldn't choose to go recruiting among the Gawdawful thread. Although the thoughts of instituting a Press Gang to obtain, uh, volunteers for some of the more noisome tasks has a certain appeal ... mostly the thoughts of wading in there with cudgels flailing ... good times.

Joe

"To Kill A Mockingbird" was on this Sunday, Atticus Finch was rated all time number one father figure in film.

A young Robert Duvall is excellent as Arthur Radley, much better than the one we have in here.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Lars, you made Kobal2 whine and grovel before the grog crowd for help.

Nice job, ya bastiche!

Steve

No, no, in this case, the credit lies entirely with the designer at Ker Dessel.

And now, after having said something nice about my former Liege, I have to go take another shower.

{Two showers already and it's not even 9:00 AM. It's going to be a long day...}

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Lars, you made Kobal2 whine and grovel before the grog crowd for help.

Nice job, ya bastiche!

Steve

No, no, in this case, the credit lies entirely with the designer at Ker Dessel.

And now, after having said something nice about my former Liege, I have to go take another shower.

{Two showers already and it's not even 9:00 AM. It's going to be a long day...} </font>

Hey, it's not like I was given much of a choice in the first place.

Well, yes, of course, I coulda send them all to hell and back. But you know, my folks always told me you gotta be nice to old people, even when they're set in their strange, stupid ways and suchlike.

I blame my parents for the whole thing, really.

Originally posted by v42below:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kobal2:

I blame my parents for the whole thing, really.

We all blame your parents, Koldbum. Why couldn't they have used contraception? </font>

Didn't everyone duely provided with ears outlaw country music on the spot, on first hearing ?

(EDIT : this sentence is such broken English grammar and syntax I don't even know where to start correcting it. Which means : I won't.)

Originally posted by Kobal2:

Didn't everyone duely provided with ears outlaw country music on the spot, on first hearing ?

Not in South Carolina, nor Georgia, or even Kentucky. I think even Lars listens to it, and he is from Minnesota or some other gawdawful place.

Aaaah aaam a maaaaan of constant sorroooooow

I've seen trouble all of my days

I bid farewell to old Kentucky

The place where I was born and raised

All through this earth I'm bound to ramble

Through storm and wind, through sleet and rain

I'm bound to ride that Northern railroad

Perhaps I'll take the very next train

For six long years I've been in trouble

No pleasure here on earth I've found

For in this world I'm bound to ramble

I have no friends to help me now

It's fare you well, my own true lover

I never expect to see you again

For I'm bound to ride that northern railroad

Perhaps I'll take the very next train

Your friends they say that I'm a stranger

You'll never see my face no more

There is just one promise that's given

We'll meet on God's golden shore

I am a man of constant sorrow

I've seen trouble all of my days

I'm going back to California

The place where I was partly raised

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by v42below:

Aaaah aaam a maaaaan of constant sorroooooow

Them syreens did this to him. They loved him up and turned him into a horny toad. </font>

Country music, in all it's various states of decomposition, is an abomination in the eyes of Seanachai!

Alright, I know I backed off the whole 'godhood' thing, but I plan to keep the 'abominations' aspect of it. We're simply going to secularize it. It was the most important function of the Church of Seanachai in any case.

It happened in Colorado, why can't it happen in the Peng Thread?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5268499/

I think I'll start handing out golf clubs to those here.

For the Frenchman, I think he should pull a David Bowie, and be impaled by a lollipop.

David Bowie was impaled with a lollipop while in concert in Norway, according to reports there. A staffer successfully dislodged the offending sweet. [MSNBC]

Now, I must go back and work on that which cannot be named [DIF]

Rune

stikky, where art thou?

I might send a turn tomorrow, or not. Who knows what the future will bring, especially when someone who's shorter and yet more whiney than a banjo goes around declaring "Abomination this and abomination that"? The least he could do is sing us a Bic Runga song.

I am also beginning to wander about this whole dropping of godhood thing. Does it mean that whatever our dear Gnome was trying to compensate for, when he declared himself a deity, has recently been surgically corrected?

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Country music, in all it's various states of decomposition, is an abomination in the eyes of Seanachai!

Alright, I know I backed off the whole 'godhood' thing, but I plan to keep the 'abominations' aspect of it. We're simply going to secularize it. It was the most important function of the Church of Seanachai in any case.

I don't really mind some forms of Blue Grass. It's quite reminiscent of early English folk music, but your basic C&W is just horrid.

I don't know what I hate more; C&W or Rap/Hip-Hop...

Oh, I know. I hate you silly lot of porcine-eyed, bicycle seat sniffers more.

(p.s. I really do, ya know.)