tough battles

could anyone please recommend some scenarios that are difficult to near impossible to win v the AI.i enjoy a challenge but despite downloading a few i'm finding that i'm not being stretched sufficiently.

before anyone starts,no i'm not claiming to be uber,i just like a tough battle.

CMBB or CMAK as i've temporarily mislaid my CMBO disc.

sudowodo,

If you're that good, have you fought against a live foe yet? If not, you're missing an opportunity to make ALL the battles you fight tougher. Human vs. AI isn't my thing, but I highly recommend you NOT try CMBO infantry tactics in either CMBB or CMAK. Not only are MGs better modeled in terms of real world effects (your men will be eating lots of dirt while hundreds of meters out), but they go to intensive fire when you get close. Bottom line? They'll clean your clock!

Regards,

John Kettler

I would recomment the HSG scenarios, espeically the KC (Knights Cross) ones!

My own scenario Turncoats, playing as the Germans is nigh impossible to win tongue.gif (lol you can but its hard ...ive only managed once or twice).

A scenario by a chap called AL, scenario is called AL-Elbrus and can be found on the Scenario Depot II like the others above.

Real hard fighting with a +3 bounus.

Ive played Tiger Valley, agaisnt humans and agaisnt the AI ... ive yet to win that bloody scenario ... but i love it lol! (lots of others have won it, i just cant haha)

If you do download and play any of them, do leave a review for them smile.gif

Recommendations can be found here The Scenario Depot 2

John Kettler,

never claimed to be "that good",i just have masochistic tendencies smile.gif

i've completed,probably,over a hundred pbems,lost about half.i enjoy them but also feel the need to play the AI too.

interesting what you say about the differencies in CMBO.i not played that as much as i should as CMBB was released only weeks after i discovered CMBO.

The_Enigma

thanks for the recommendations,i've downloaded dozens recently and been sent quite a few including some of those HSG scenarios.will check them out,cheers.

if anyone has any more toughies then please let me know.

Sudowudo --

Here are a couple of my scenarios that are very difficult. They are on The Scenario Depot.

CMBB

Combat Outpost Ukraine

Battalion level attack against a fortified position on the steppe. Suggest you do NOT increase AI experience more than 1 if at all.

Bad Harvest at Stubienka

Another attack across open steppe. Same warning about increasing AI experience.

CMAK

Bridge Building

American engineers must build a bridge under fire so armor can advance. (daisy chains on bridge represent work to be completed).

Originally posted by The_Enigma:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stoat:

"A Hill in Brittany" for CMAK should give you a challenge as Axis vs AI. It's still at TPG.

Is that the one set in a quarry? If so very good scenario, lots of fun smile.gif </font>