JunktoDrive - OK, I give up - What are .JPG or.GIF files?

David I

Junk,

OK, I'm stymied. What are .JPG and .GIF files?

I wanted to update my FJ Late war winter set and include a picture, but I'll be d.....d if I can figure out how to do it on my Windows XP system. :confused: I got the picture, I made it smaller but how do I convert to .JPG or GIF?

HHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP.

DavidI

choosy mothers choose gif

take your screenshot with the print scr button on your keyboard. minimize the game. open ms paint. press ctrl + v to paste. click at the top file then save as... at the bottom of the popup is save as type ith a dropdown next to it. click the down arrow and click jpeg click the white area above for file name and type in a name. click the save button. hopefully it went to your "my pictures" folder so you can find it. otherwise you will be asking me how to search...lol

Yeh, it really does help to have some sort of paint program to open the screenshot in so you can 'save as'. In the same way that it helps to have a text editing program to edit your text with.

I'm not poking fun (well, not much anyway). I'm ALWAYS struggling to wring use out of on some compressed file or chart document without having the benefit of the actual compression program or graphing app!

Gary, I have both but find that paint is for dummys like me.

This afternoon I opened from the original CMAK bmp folder, 12200 desert tan truck and using irfanview enhance, changed it to a dark green for Korea. Then saved it to a different folder as 112200 for late war. Are you saying I could have done all 20 + or - bmps with the batch program?

Junk,

Hey it worked! :D From now on all my mods will have pictures (my HG Pz Crews -CMBB- at CMMODS now has a picture). When I get home tonight I will post a picture and some improvements for my late war FJ winter uniforms.

Get ready for what I call my Bulge/Gothic Line Winter series for Heer Inf & Mech, SS Mech and all services Panzer uniforms! Along the same lines as my FJ.

Thanks again.

David I

Originally posted by junk2drive:

Gary, I have both but find that paint is for dummys like me.

This afternoon I opened from the original CMAK bmp folder, 12200 desert tan truck and using irfanview enhance, changed it to a dark green for Korea. Then saved it to a different folder as 112200 for late war. Are you saying I could have done all 20 + or - bmps with the batch program?

Yes, it will do batch processing (built in). I'm at the gym right now so don't have access to Irfanview, but it's fairly intuitive if you go through the menus (there might even be contextual help on it).