Tigar Tanks

I think he is quoting a Winnie the Pooh character Tigger

who is a tiger that is in love with himself

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snake Eyes:

I only purchase T***** tanks now. The most wonderful thing about T*****s, is T*****s are wonderful things. :D

I kindly but firmly ask you to edit your post to remove the T-words, and to refrain from using the T-word ever again. It is racist. If you have to, you could call them as Tigroes, but preferable would be to use "our striped friends from Germany". </font>

I think he is quoting a Winnie the Pooh character Tigger

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snake Eyes:

I only purchase T***** tanks now. The most wonderful thing about T*****s, is T*****s are wonderful things. :D

I kindly but firmly ask you to edit your post to remove the T-words, and to refrain from using the T-word ever again. It is racist. If you have to, you could call them as Tigroes, but preferable would be to use "our striped friends from Germany". </font>

Originally posted by Robert Isenberg:

[QB] I think he is quoting a Winnie the Pooh character Tigger

Yeah I know smile.gif I did read Winnie the Pooh as a child, and I was just making a bit of fun...

Err, someone said that the Tiger's superiority is just a myth. No, it isn't! It isn't any more than saying, "Germans had a lot of trouble from KV-1's" being a myth because late in the war that problem was solved with improved weaponry. For a time, it surely was an advantage for the Red Army.

When Tiger was first introduced, it was relatively* invincible. Good armour, good gun = more than a match for anything that Allies had. Not that if you put a Tiger IE up against a M1A2 Abrams it would be invincible - not even if you put it against a Sherman Firefly with some Tungsten ammunition. But, it had it's moments of glory.

(*not that any weapons platform can ever be totally invincible, even Merkava's get KO'd by technically gruesome guerilla weaponry)

not even if you put it against a Sherman Firefly with some Tungsten ammunition.

Sir Humprhies-Smythe-Picky DSO, DFC, ABC, BSE, AC/DC, ret. dec. would like to point out that His Majesty's 17-pdr does not need any of this new-fangled Tungsten stuff to insert a nice clean hole into Jerry's armour, even if it is on a Tiger.

Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sergei:

not even if you put it against a Sherman Firefly with some Tungsten ammunition.

Sir Humprhies-Smythe-Picky DSO, DFC, ABC, BSE, AC/DC, ret. dec. would like to point out that His Majesty's 17-pdr does not need any of this new-fangled Tungsten stuff to insert a nice clean hole into Jerry's armour, even if it is on a Tiger. </font>