OSF : A Campaign & Mod for CMBB

<p align="center">

OSF_Screen_480.gif</p>

<font color="#996600"><font color="#663300" size="+3">I</font><font color="#663300">magine your self as a German General in the Crimea, Russia 1942. Your task, the capture of Sevastopol, the heaviest fortified city in that time. The Russians dug in deep, supported by large batteries of heavy guns such as Gorki I and II. Naval bombardments are a constant danger for your army while you're fighting a way to the port city. Before the main attack was launched, almost every artillery gun and airplane had been brought up, trying to blast the heavy fortifications into rubble and dust. </font></font></p>

<font color="#663300">Eichenbaum's Operation Storfang (OSF) could be your tool to experience the 2nd World War in the Crimea. As an add-on campaign & mod for the great game Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin; will it give you the possibility to be a witness of the heavy battles and lead your own forces over the hills towards Sevastopol.</font></p>

<font color="#663300">You do not have to manage any mods or scenarios and OSF does not modify your version of Combat Mission permanently. Both can be played separately.</font></p>

<font color=#CC0000"><U>Read more...</U></font></p>

<hr>

<font color="#663300">Screenshots:</font></p>

<font color="#663300"> OSF04.jpg

<font size="-2">3d menu</font></font></p>

<font color="#663300"> OSF02.jpg

<font size="-2">Tankovoe (Turn 1)</font></font></p>

<font color="#663300"> OSF01.jpg

<font size="-2">Scenario Overview</font></font></p>

i just downloaded this & it installed with no trouble after checking the dependencies.

amazing. absolutely amazing, i'm actually a little scared of it. i think i'll finish my PBEM's first as otherwise they may not get done as i expect this to suck my spare time right in.

well done to you and your team. i hope it leads to a closer relationship with BFC, hopefully looking at a campain for CMX2

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

What do you advice to back-up before install?

If you have a modded version of CMBB you could back up the 'bmp' folder to secure the structure.

Or you can wait until the end of this month; we'll launch version 1.03 that backup hot files automaticly.

OSF Turn 2 - Krasn'ii Mak has been released!

The release of Turn 3 and the OSF patch 1.03 has been delayed until further notice.

K-Mak will provide you so much playtime that it's almost certain you're still playing it before turn 3 will be released (ca. 2 weeks)

We have tried to release it all at once but we ran out of time. The summer holidays have began for Eichenbaum.org. Please be patient if you need support.

Eichenbaum.org Team

• 7 months later...
Originally posted by huhrlass:

This mod looks wonderful from the website and I am in the process of downloading the mod. Any suggestions on things to look out for with regard to the installation process?

Thanks!

Yes, make a backup of the "/bmp/" and "/scenarios/" folder if there are files you need to protect. It showed that some systems made OSF crash and damage Combat Mission in a way that you need to reinstall the whole game. If you make a backup and OSF does crash; you can place the folders back and CMBB will function again properly.

Have fun!

Nils

This mod looks wonderful from the website and I am in the process of downloading the mod. Any suggestions on things to look out for with regard to the installation process?

If you have the hard drive space I would suggest a second install of CMBB. I have had no problem with Operation Storfang although some did.

The operation and scenarios are very well done and the graphics are excellent. Thanks to Nils and all of the team members.