What's a good piece of kit for dealing with T-34's, early war?

Originally posted by Sergei:

Yes 37mm, but not FlaK - Stielgranate is hardly useful against aircraft... ;) They're not that great, though. You have to let the enemy tank very close, and even then you'll probably miss and get killed in a second. I consider it only as a last resort if enemy has broken through with tanks.

It works great if you have a decent hit chance. But make sure the hit chance given is the one for the Stielgranate and not for an AP round smile.gif .

As the Stielgranate is very slow it should be fired at tanks that do not move fast.

If you have a TRP, ranges of up to 200m at hunting or non-moving tanks are fine.

Gruß

Joachim

• 1 month later...

There is lot of talk about "long range" (1000+ m) but I haven't experienced a map that allows over 500m of clear sight. There is always trees, hills, or buildings in the way. I experience this in CMBO.

Is the maps more open in the other games? I should be getting CMBB soon through the mail, I hope.

How do you choose which type of round you fire?

Originally posted by FM Paul Heinrik:

There is lot of talk about "long range" (1000+ m) but I haven't experienced a map that allows over 500m of clear sight. There is always trees, hills, or buildings in the way. I experience this in CMBO.

Is the maps more open in the other games? I should be getting CMBB soon through the mail, I hope.

How do you choose which type of round you fire?

In CMBB there are many steppe terrain scenarios/maps that offer veeeery long lines of sight.

AFV's and ATG's will always choose the appropriate type of round to fire with regard to the target. Though, no one will ever be happy with how tungsten rounds get used. ;)