gamey ?

b+t fall blau

my opponent has just used 2 empty trucks with "fast" orders to get behind my lines and profite now from this so beloved borgspotting.

ok. his truck´s was driving under fire from 3-5 light mg´s and that has the driver not impressed.

so inf get panic under this circumstances but truck driver not ? not so great imo.

so far .....

thus I had not meant that actually - the truck should pull the fire on itself around the following t37 free drives to grant which however because of the co-ordination failed
reply from my opponent nice guy ;)

he has stoped the truck smile.gif )

whatever the truck was 50 secs under fire from 2-5 light mg´s :confused:

maybe they went fanatical

you could respond in a couple of ways:

mark down this player as a 'win at all costs - no holds barred' type and in the future use the same sorts of tactics on him or

don't play him any more

sometimes the 'no holds barred' style is kind of fun... especially if both players are aware of it from the 'get go'

Definitely a gamey tactic, but your opponent got really lucky if you had multiple units firing at that truck while it moved. I've rarely seen trucks take more than 2-3 small arms "shots" without getting abandoned or knocked out.

So usually, your opponent would have just wasted a few points, rather than taken advantage of 'borg' spotting.

Cheers,

YD

Gamey? All gamey I see here is somebody who has forgotten to cover his flanks or backyard well enough and now try to make his own error to the error of his opponent.

Sorry, isn't meant personal. It's my opinion that everything is allowed, except both opponents agreed to extra rules before the game has started.

Gamey? All gamey I see here is somebody who has forgotten to cover his flanks or backyard well enough and now try to make his own error to the error of his opponent
read plz. flanks was covered. what irritateds me is that this truck (yes full id + regular) just drove further under heavy light mg fire- 50sec´s

from 2-5 mg´s (again).

tank rush and so (other thread above) np. overall np, still you win or you loose that´s right.

but this truck had impressed me :D

since inf is most times very fast impressed by enemy fire and that´s ok for me too. but this truck - hey these driver i want to know personally i will spend him a good bottle of wodka. :D

Gamey? All gamey I see here is somebody who has forgotten to cover his flanks or backyard well enough and now try to make his own error to the error of his opponent.
Scipio, take a look at the scenario (B&T-Fall Blau). It's a HUGE hilly map with medium-sized forces in a meeting engagement, with both sides rushing for 5 or 6 bridges over a river that cuts the map in two. Securing the flanks simply isn't possible in the early going.

That said, I'm still surprised those trucks survived what you threw at them. I'd hazard a guess that they're each short a crewmember, and probably ARE panicking, but the effects just aren't obvious yet.

On the other hand, the lines of sight are EXTREMELY complicated on that map. Could the trucks have been repeatedly dipping in and out of sight? The best way to check how much fire you've actually been putting on target is to look at your ammo expenditure, if you haven't already.

Keep in mind, also, that this means your opponent is probably NOT transporting some of his infantry in that truck, and it may take a LONG time for whatever was in the truck to make its way to the battle. Of course, it's also possible that he dropped them off where he wanted them already.

You are missing the point here. The driver of the truck, Pvt Greazmunkee, was the first person in the motor pool to ever win the Medal of Honor. After racing behind enemy lines under heavy fire, he single-handedly snuck into the back of the German pillbox and took out the whole enemy crew with a tire iron.