Gun damage on tanks? You Crazy?

Originally posted by Pantherbait:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bastables:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pantherbait:

Fine. You, or any of the other replies, work for BTS ?

If not, what's the beef ?

Two points, on my beef

One, Patton21 argument is wrong in methodology and conclusion.

Two, when posting unsupported opinions as fact, expect to be called upon it. If you don’t want your precious opinions to be contradicted don’t post them on public boards such as this, in fact keep them to yourself, as this is the safest method for maintaining them.

Working or not working for BTS is irrelevant on deciding if to argue against poorly thought out and argued opinions. </font>

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bastables:

Fine. You, or any of the other replies, work for BTS ?

If not, what's the beef ?

Two points, on my beef

One, Patton21 argument is wrong in methodology and conclusion.

Two, when posting unsupported opinions as fact, expect to be called upon it. If you don’t want your precious opinions to be contradicted don’t post them on public boards such as this, in fact keep them to yourself, as this is the safest method for maintaining them.

Working or not working for BTS is irrelevant on deciding if to argue against poorly thought out and argued opinions. </font>

Wow, i just wanted an answer to my question. Im not saying there is a problem in the game. Calm down bastabal's I think you are a little drunk or hyper crazy. I just wanted a nice discussion on the damage done to guns. I did not insult the game or your mother.

(Jentz 1996)

He's not just posting an opinion, he says that gun damage is unrealistic, backing that up with his unsupported opinion.

BTS has said that the burden of proof is upon those who believe something is wrong with the game, in this case Patton21. [/QB]

Notice the bit in brackets...

But PantherBait prefers to skip over it, after he asked, in a inane "turn about" attempt to detract from the fact that Patton21 made a unsupported opinion and was called upon to back it up.

[ June 15, 2003, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: Bastables ]

Originally posted by Patton21:

Wow, i just wanted an answer to my question. Im not saying there is a problem in the game. Calm down bastabal's I think you are a little drunk or hyper crazy. I just wanted a nice discussion on the damage done to guns. I did not insult the game or your mother.

No you did not quite state that Patton21, you stated that light tank aka "FlaK" guns are causing gun damage when they should not.

By Patton21:

I flak gun should not be able to damage a heavy tanks gun. Whats up with this.

Originally posted by Patton21:

Ahhh, you dont give up!!! I did not know why flak guns were causing my tanks to get damaged then bail out. What does mean? [/QB]

You chose to believe that small calibre weapons should not cause "gun damage."

As to why panicked crew would wish to jump out of a damaged veh that's still under fire, I propose you do a search on this board.

The [/QB] bit is a manifestation of my lack of control with BB functions

[ June 15, 2003, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: Bastables ]

(Jentz 1996)

He's not just posting an opinion, he says that gun damage is unrealistic, backing that up with his unsupported opinion.

BTS has said that the burden of proof is upon those who believe something is wrong with the game, in this case Patton21.

But PantherBait prefers to skip over it, after he asked, in a inane "turn about" attempt to detract from the fact that Patton21 made a unsupported opinion and was called upon to back it up. [/QB]</font>

(Jentz 1996)

BTS has said that the burden of proof is upon those who believe something is wrong with the game, in this case Patton21.

But PantherBait prefers to skip over it, after he asked, in a inane "turn about" attempt to detract from the fact that Patton21 made a unsupported opinion and was called upon to back it up. </font>

(Jentz 1996)

But PantherBait prefers to skip over it, after he asked, in a inane "turn about" attempt to detract from the fact that Patton21 made a unsupported opinion and was called upon to back it up. </font>

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Witness, folks, a classic case of two people talking at each other rather than to each other. If any communication occurs at all, it consists of nothing more than the message "I don't like you" repeated over and over.

Michael

Possibly I agree though it appears a difference in one's premise, ie this is a Forum disussing the historical accuracy of a game simulating WWII combat versus one where one's opinion on what should be counts more than any sort of history. While Patton21 was innocent in his original question and would probably have come to understand the reasoning, ie Bastable's reports, if he so desired, Pantherbait's trolls have only served to muddy the issue, as trolls are want to do, all too frequently it seems.

Ron

Originally posted by Ron:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Witness, folks, a classic case of two people talking at each other rather than to each other. If any communication occurs at all, it consists of nothing more than the message "I don't like you" repeated over and over.

Michael

Possibly I agree though it appears a difference in one's premise, ie this is a Forum disussing the historical accuracy of a game simulating WWII combat versus one where one's opinion on what should be counts more than any sort of history. While Patton21 was innocent in his original question and would probably have come to understand the reasoning, ie Bastable's reports, if he so desired, Pantherbait's trolls have only served to muddy the issue, as trolls are want to do, all too frequently it seems.

Ron </font>

LOL, classic. Sorry to take your time.......I'm sure you could have used it more productively with your self-appointed crusade, in other threads.

p.s. I made my point over and over in this thread.

If you're to dense to see it,as it appears, my stating it another few times won't help. [/QB]

So again you've either had no point from the start, or it is so stunningly complex that you are unable to put it across. Aka As ron has stated trolling.

The only thing I see you doing thorough this thread has been advocating that unsubstantiated opinions should be left un-contested, that and childish attempts at "turn about."