2 bugs to worry??

CMBB is great and I like to play it for an long, long time. But 2 things I'm worried about:

1st CMBB doesn't work with the latest NVIDIA drivers and I see that as a major problem because there will be a time in the near future we will have to switch to new drivers to run other applications. And it is the only program that doesn’t work on my laptop. (Only a problem when I’m not at home)

2nd very little one, the tanks still fire into hills???.

Maybe these 2 bugs can be fixed in the newest patch.

Tank firing in to hills has long been on their 'to do' list for the v1.03 patch.

Driver compatability (as well as mac OSX compatability) issues will no doubt have to wait for the rewrite to be addressed.

[ April 04, 2003, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Tank firing in to hills has long been on their 'to do' list for the v1.03 patch.

Driver compatability (as well as mac OSX compatability) issues will no doubt have to wait for the rewrite to be addressed.

The "tank firing in to hills" bug is a bad one.

Yep, the "firing into hill" bug is addressed in 1.03. As far as drivers go, check Matt's answer this Thread :

It's hard to answer this because the game is not planned to be ready until the end of the year and its anyones guess what the state of Nvidia drivers will be by then.

Our focus has and continues to be to try and get Nvidia (and any other manufactorer who has hardware that exhibits compatability issues) to resolve the issues internally with a new driver release but we are also looking to see if there is anything we can do in our code to address the problems.

We understand how frustrating these drivers issues can be for our customers but they are no less frustrating for us when a certain piece of hardware works fine and then a new driver release suddenly exhibits problems. We can not afford to release frequent technical issue patches to our games when there is no guarantee that future driver releases won't reexhibit problems with whatever fix we implement. It is for that reason that we continue to work with companies to try and get them to resolve these issues internally.

As to the question about CMBB getting any of the new features from CMAK (multi-turreted tanks, dust clouds), the answer is NO, there will be no new features added to CMBB but very soon we will be releasing some info about the 1.03 patch which we are working on. We think you will be pleased with what this patch offers and addresses.

Additional to what Matt said, there seems to be a growing list of games with problems with the newest NVIDIA drivers from what I hear, so we're not alone, and hopefully they will patch those up quickly...

Martin

Guess im a fortunate one, i have no problems at all with nvidias 41.09 drivers. For both CMBO and CMBB and any other game for that matter. I used to have major problems with their drivers like a year or 2 ago. Don't know what to tell you, my problem went away when nvidia released more drivers.

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Guess im a fortunate one, i have no problems at all with nvidias 41.09 drivers. For both CMBO and CMBB and any other game for that matter. I used to have major problems with their drivers like a year or 2 ago. Don't know what to tell you, my problem went away when nvidia released more drivers.

Nor do i,i was refering to the 43.45 drivers.Not sure which Jaws was refering to though.

For me, the driver issue is pretty much at a point where I will abandon CMBB because of it.

I use the old 30.82, but still have problems with the FSAA and Black Screens, and since Service Pack 3 for Windows 2000 I can not use any refresh rate fixes or I'll get unreadable text in CMBB. That means I have a few games that will run at 60hz screen refresh rate.

If not for CMBB, I could tweak my system to give me maximum performance and image quality in every other game I have currently installed. This needs to be fixed.

RSCOLONEL,

You might want to go ahead and try the 41.09 drivers. You wont get FSAA but those drivers work fine other than that. Also be sure and check out NVRefresh Tool 2.1a which was designed specifically to address the default 60Hz issue in 2000/XP.

You can get that here:

http://www.nvrt.org/

As I suggested before though, you should probably uninstall your Nvidia driver. Install the STandard VGA Adapator drivers. Go through your Registry and delete all the Nvidia refrences (there are a variety of utilities that can help you do this available at www.guru3d.com) and then reinstall the Nvidia drivers.

I have 2000 on one of my test systems with a GF3 card and I am not seeing any of the issues you report with 30.82.

Madmatt

Madmatt, I dont use drivers without FSAA...it's pointless having a Geforce 4 Ti 4400 for 3d-games when you can't get image quality from it.

Like I said, I did a clean install (actually it were two clean installs) of drivers just recently, and it did not change a thing. I used default VGA Drivers and a Nvidia Removing Tool.

As for removing Nvidia Entrys from the Registry...Detonator Destroyer does not work with Windows 2000. And doing it by hand might kill my system.

I can try the new Refresh Rate Tool, maybe that will improve things.

[ April 05, 2003, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: RSColonel_131st ]