No more CMBB for me!

Well my cd has a huge crack in it... it is litterally cut through... now if this had been my old CMBO cd that would be no problem. just mail it to battlefront and voilá a new cd! but now its CDV and i have strong doubts that it will work the same way... so since i have no money to buy a new cd for at least 5 months... no more CMBB for me... :(

• 4 weeks later...

Mine CMBB-CD (CDV) is also somehow fishy.

My CD-drive recognizes it always on 2nd time. First time it does nothing, but open drive, close drive and it works.

That's NOT my drive's fault, because I have no problems with other CDs...

Now I'm afraid that someday the CD won't be readable at all...

[ April 30, 2003, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Kaiser Soze 71 ]

Originally posted by Madmatt:

We can not replace CDV versions. You have to contact CDV for support for that version.

Madmatt

Oddball_E8 - you have my sympathies....(my IL-2 died the same way)

Accidents do happen ... thats why I'm going to buy a second copy of CMBB ......

However its getting harder to find a copy in UK stores

UK copyright laws permit making a single backup for personal use as long as you own the original, however software distributors quite understandably dont want to make this too easy to do.

(As there are some low life pond scum who'd abuse it.)

That isnt a problem when dealing with a company with good customer support (like BFC) who offer replacements .... but I have no faith in the fact that CDV would agree to replace it.

I was going to try get the CDV-US-Retail release, but I doubt they will offer much/any support for that either.

Mat ..... As BFC intend to supply CMAK to europe is it now possible to order BB direct from you ???

I dont want to end up CMBBless like Oddball_E8.

:(

[ April 30, 2003, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: Lou2000 ]

Hmmm... hypothetical situation here... would it be wrong of me to give this broken cd to a friend so they can send it in and get it replaced? and then they can keep it?

i mean... it wouldnt be wrong of me to give them a working game... and it wouldnt be wrong of me to send in the cd, get a new one and then give it to them... so would it be wrong of me to give them the broken one??? HELL NO!!! hehehe... one more hooked on the game thats all... theyll buy CMAK for sure! :D:D