CALLING ALL HISTORY GEEKS! Designer Needs Help Contest!

Hey guys. I'm currently designing several new Boots and Tracks submissions, and I want to get you all involved. The following are several battles I have in development for Boots and Tracks, with specific questions for each. If you can answer them or provide help, you'll get credit and maybe a special prize: you're own CUSTOM MADE HISTORICAL SCENARIO BASED ON YOUR OWN COMPLETELY GEEKY PREFERENCES!

This thread should also give you a handle on what conscientious scenario designers go through.

Here they are:

1. "The Last Spearpoint": 2nd SS Panzer Corps last offensive gasp during the Balaton Offensive, February, 1945 (SCENARIO). A massive, sprawling battle near Simontornya, Hungary. Were there Hungarian armored units (I know infantry units were) fighting alongside the SS at that time?

2. "Hitler's Son": The Battle of Novo Buda. The Walloon Brigades defense against the 12th Guards Cossack Cavalry Division in the Cherkassy Pocket (1944) (SCENARIO). This one is just about done, but any information concerning whether Marders or some other type of self-propelled anti-tank gun were used by the Walloons is appreciated. Also, were self propelled guns used by the 12th (e.g., Su 76s), or some other armored vehicles other than T-34s? And were the T-34s late model (i.e., T-34/85s? Were the Walloons primarily equiped with MG34s or MG42s? Is it possible to know that?

3. "The Punitive Expedition": Efforts of SS and Blocking Division troops to subdue a Partisan Krai (near Leningrad, August 1942); Both winter and summer versions (OPERATION). I need a photograph or topograpic map for the country area southwest of Leningrad. I also need information on armored vehicles attached to security divisions. I also need confirmation of Totenkopf's armored strength in August, 1942. Also, any information concerning Soviet airborne deployments to the Leningrad area would be helpful, especially in support of Partisans.

4. "Riga, Latvia": A trapped element of the 1st Infantry Division is attacked by hordes of Soviet security division troops on June 27, 1941. I need

to confirm what armored vehicles, if any, were attached to the 1st Infantry Division at the outbreak of the war, and whether there were ANY straggler Soviet armored vehicles in the region at that time. If so, what were they, and what units did they belong to?

I have answers to some of these questions, but not all of them. Frequently, its informed guess-work. But do the best you can.

Tall Order, but I have faith in you all.

Frank

Franko,

RE: Scenario "The Last Spearpoint".

You've probably read it anyway, but according to "Comrades To The End - 4th SS PzG Regiment", the Hungarians did their level best to keep their men as far away from the front as possible at the time of Balaton - reports said that bands of Hungarian units were wandering around aimlessly and that only one Hungarian Corp was deployed along the entire front. No mention of Hungarian armour either, although the account of the offensive in the book is vague anyway.