Do the ski troops move like hurricane's downhill?

I never noticed. They should ofcourse move much quicker downhill then they do now, and even on flat surface they should be pretty quick when they really want to.

And arent the assault boats quicker also? (when loaded with only a few men)

:D on the other hand: dont sunrise and nightfall acure at the darndest speed around the cm world?

Its a freaky universe out there...

Hehe, what's the trouble? Bothered with me pouring on with the Maxim as your troops inch their way down? :D

I can see it now, walking down the mountain at half normal MOVE speed, and triple FAST speed for running down, but random casualties due to people breaking their necks. Boggin for inf. so to speak. :eek:

Originally posted by Flammenwerfer:

Walking or skiing downhill will tire your troops as much as going uphill..

Will this be addressed for CMX2?

I would venture to say that the difference between walking uphill and downhill in terms of tiring you out is small enough it can be left out.

As for skiing, I guess it depends on the equipment. If they used telemark skis then going downhill is pretty tiring as well. Old skis are big and heavy and tiring in general!

Originally posted by Flammenwerfer:

Walking or skiing downhill will tire your troops as much as going uphill..And with no increase in speed.

According to my sources, ski troops will work perfectly already in the CMAK edition of the game.

Straif

:D

Originally posted by Straif:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Flammenwerfer:

Walking or skiing downhill will tire your troops as much as going uphill..And with no increase in speed.

According to my sources, ski troops will work perfectly already in the CMAK edition of the game.

Straif

:D </font>

I know a grassed hillslope/mountain takes way more time getting up, then; whooooo-here-i-take-my-five-mile boots-and......go down.

I remember it took me over 2 hours to climb what only was a 45 minute down run/walk.

Thing is: u cant really RUN up, but u sure can run down like mad.

On grassed hillslopes/mountains that is.

[ July 07, 2003, 07:02 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

Now try running down that hill with full packing and a weapon. Or better, don't try it, it's kinda a one time deal, you WILL break your neck doing it. Let alone a more rugged hill.

{you would think I'd manage such a short message without embarrasing typos}

[ July 07, 2003, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Tweety ]

Originally posted by Tweety:

Now try running down that hill with full packing and a weapon. Or better, don't try it, it's kinda a one time deal, you WILL break your neck doing it. Let alone a more rugged hill.

If you do survive, try it again in well worn WWII-issue combat boots, rather than 21st-century hiking boots or track shoes.

Speaking from experience, in June as a matter of fact. It is more dangerous going down a steep slope than up. This was carrying a pack with about 25 lbs of equipment, a M-16 with M203, and a load bearing vest with about 8-10 lbs of gear. No ammo though. About 75-80 degrees Farenheit, high humidity, north - central Wisconsin. The thing is, going up, you get tired and out of breath, but, going down, your ankles start to ache, and you have to be very careful of losing your footing. Especially if trying to be stealthy.