What Mods for Newbie?

Bought the game about a year ago and just getting into after I realized no other war game comes close....

What are the best mods enhancment mods for the game "fresh out of the box"?

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I did a search and looked in the FAQ and could not find anything .

Thanks

The truth is no-one can tell you because it's so subjective, have you heard of www.cmmods.com or www.combatmission.com, there you will find lots of mods with preview (usually) pictures, so you can decide what you like. I for example really like mister Noobie's work (for soviet armour), but i don't know any German mods. For uniforms there is AndrewTF., and many more.

If you go to cmmods.com, chances are that you won't find some of the modders i mentioned, because a couple of month ago, that site crashed losing all of it's contents :( .

Luckily people have uploaded most of it again, especially Astrocat (big thanks to him btw).

You browse by designer and under Astrocat you will find the most diverse mods. But not all of them have preview pics.

combatmission.com is also very good, although there aren't many new mods for CMBB (last time I checked at least).

Well happy hunting.

I would suggest that you start up a game and then write down what type of equipment you're using. Then use the search funtion at CMMODS and download what you think you need. This way during the course of the game you can see the results in action so to speak.

Be patient also, CMMODS is an awfully slow site to navagate. For me anyway, and I have broadband.

I definetly agree with Yaphank's take on applying mods. Also, CMMODS is an awesome site--I really appreciate all of the time that the MODer's (is that what you call them?) have put into creating their works of "art"--I've really enjoyed them. However, I do like the MOD managing program CMMOS and am curious as to why MODs aren't made compatible with this program. Is it difficult? For that matter, why haven't the participants in the CM community agreed upon one MOD managing program, making choosing and switching all MODs easier?

Cheers,

J